Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
CHS Unity Week
Student Council hosted the annual CHS Unity Assembly last Thursday in the Chandler Center for the Arts. The assembly featured numerous acts that highlighted CHS students and staff while celebrating our unique diversity. Special thanks to the following performers: Unified Hip Hop, Annie and Quintin, Tune Squad (Charles Johnson and Joseph Gilliam), Las Flores dancers (Ruby Cruz and Alexis De La Cruz), D'ona Jackson & Charlien Moreno, Thai dancers (Daisee and Mayci Vannasap), Tomas Esguerra Hernandez, Desi Fusion dancers, APAC Theatre, the CHS Daycare Children, and of course, Mr. Crosswhite and the Tempe Pipe Band.
chs partner stunt
Congratulations to Aleena Safdari who placed third in the Academic Decathlon Interview Portion at the Williams Field Invitational. Aleena competed against more than 30 students in the category.
CHS Honor Students
CHS Honor Students spoke to prospective students and families at last Thursday’s Advanced Academics Info Night. They did an excellent job communicating their experiences in Chandler High’s most rigorous courses.
Varsity Soccer celebrated Senior Night last week. Thanks, seniors, for your hard work and dedication!
The CHS Wrestling Team finished 7th out of 81 teams at the prestigious Battle for the Belt Tournament in Temecula, CA. Jason Holmes took 1st, Michael Reyes took 5th, and Quincy Reece took 8th. CHS also had 3 other wrestlers finish in the top 12: Michael Williams, Jordan Wilson, and Sam Pepper. Great job, Wolves!
All In! 5K Run/1 Mile Walk!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Chandler Schools All In! 5K Run/1 Mile Walk! Special thanks to Scruffy and the other school mascots who helped make the event a success.
Last Week's Winning Scores
- Varsity Boys Basketball def. Highland 66-52
- JV Boys Basketball def. Desert Vista 43-42 and Highland 69-58
- Freshman Boys Basketball def. Desert Vista 52-43 and Highland 64-53
- JV Girls Basketball def. Desert Vista 46-32 and Mesa 51-24
- Freshman Girls Basketball def. Mesa 36-32
- Varsity Boys Soccer def. Corona 1-0
- JV Boys Soccer def. McClintock 5-0 and tied Corona 1-1
- JVB Boys Soccer def. Desert Vista 4-1 and tied Hamilton 2-2
- JV Girls Soccer def. Corona 3-0
This Week's Home Events
- Monday 1/25: Boys Soccer vs Hamilton- JV @ 4 pm
- Tuesday 1/26: Boys Basketball vs Perry- Freshman @ 4 pm, JV @ 5:30 pm, and Varsity @ 7pm
- Wednesday 1/27: Boys Soccer vs Campo Verde- JV @ 4 pm, Varsity @ 6 pm; Wrestling vs Gilbert and Desert Ridge- JV and Varsity @ 4 pm
- Thursday 1/28: JVB Soccer Boys vs Casteel @ 4 pm
- Friday, 1/29: Boys Basketball vs Corona- Freshman @ 4 pm, JV @ 5:30 pm, and Varsity @ 7pm
The Marching Band will be hosting a Goodwill Donations Fundraiser on January 30th between 9am and noon in the Sophomore Parking Lot on Chandler Blvd. People can bring any household items, furniture, clothing, shoes, books, toys, bikes, exercise equipment, TV’s, etc., that they want to donate. The CHS band will receive money per pound of items donated. Weight sets are much appreciated, but no construction items or automotive items will be accepted. If you have a lot of items to donate, you can contact the boosters on the band website and they will get the band truck to help pick up items. View the donation flyer for additional info. Thanks for your support!
The Sun Lakes Rotary Club is sponsoring a speech contest this spring, with the finalists from all CUSD high schools presenting their winning speeches at a Rotary Club meeting on April 5th for final judging.
Chandler High has been invited to send one contestant, so preliminary speaking rounds will begin mid-February in order to select that student. For details, please stop by Ms. Tierney’s office (room 113) to pick up the information sheet. All students, grades 9-12, are eligible to compete to be the CHS representative for the final round in April.
YEARBOOK SENIOR ADS
Deadline: January 15th without a fee
From Jan.15 – Feb. 5, 2015 - LATE FEE of $25.00
Last Day to purchase a Senior Ad Feb. 5th
Process for purchasing a Yearbook Senior Ad: For more information, visit the yearbook website.
- Payment for the Ad: Cash or a check written to Chandler High School Yearbook, paid to the bookstore.
- Give bookstore your envelope with student name, grade, email address, & ID number on it. In the envelope include Senior Ad Order Form which shows page option (⅛, ¼, ½, full).
- If you are NOT submitting through email, include Senior Ad form, photos & TYPED text in envelope. You are encouraged to send photos & text thru email address below.
- Count the photo spaces on the yearbook spread that you have chosen, and only send that many photos through the email. You may only be able to send 1 to 3 photos maximum for each email you send us. This is the preferred way of sending photos & text to us. Pictures will NOT be returned! If you do not have email, you can submit photos on a CD put it in an envelope and then give to Bookstore.
Also, text must be typed and sent to the email address below. If you have no access to a computer, the information will be available at the school bookstore.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It's not too late! Help support extra-curricular activities and extended learning beyond the regular school day by making a tax credit donation to Chandler High School. The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $200 ($400 if married and filing jointly) when you make a tax credit donation to our school. Yes, taxpayers receive a dollar-for-dollar credit towards their state tax return. Tutoring, student clubs and field trips are just a few of the enrichment programs that are supported through tax credit donations. Click here for more info, and please name Chandler High School as the recipient of your donation. Thank you for your support!
career center news
Parents and students are highly encouraged to attend “Demystifying the College Application Process,” presented By Duke University on Tuesday, February 2nd in the CCA Bogle Theatre. Doors open at 6pm and the program starts at 6:30pm. See you there!