CIMT 659 Profile
- smore.com - This is the site I created this profile on. It is a web 2.0 tool where you can create a unique flyer. I love the design options and that you can share them electronically! I would love to use them with my students at school, but the educator membership isn't free!
- Dubuque Carnegie Stout Library : This is my local public library! I use this library to help me supplement my collection and for personal use! I frequently use their electronic collection with my electronic reading devices.
- ALA Store : I love to browse the ALA store and have made a wish list of teaching resources I would like to purchase! Endless possibilities for helping any type of librarian!
Books, Reading, & Libraries
- Favorite Authors (as of right now): J.K Rowling, Janet Evanovich, Jodi Piccoult, Lois Lowry, Louis Sachar, Patricia Polacco, Chris Van Allsburg
- eReaders etc.: I currently read on these devices: Nexus 7, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet and my computer. I like having my books anywhere I go and not needing a light to read with! I still enjoy tangible books! Nothing can beat the sound, smell and feel of a new book!
- Smithsonian Libraries: I would love to visit any one of the Smithsonian libraries in Washington D.C. The National Zoological Park Library really peaks my interest!
Library Research and Interests
I try to research how others schools have implemented a flexible schedule or a blended fixed/flexible schedule. I hope some day I am able to do so.
While I really enjoy working in K-12 education I hope to some day work in an academic library! I am very excited for the opportunity to spend time in an academic library during my field experience!!
- I will complete 60 hours of my time in my current libraries. I am planning on creating a simple flipped classroom for my 3rd and 4th grade classes! Using the time in my libraries will help me try out some ideas I have had for a while! It is giving me the push to up the level of technology integration in my teaching.
- The other half of my time will be spent in Loras College's academic library. We are still working out the details, but it looks like I will be able to staff an evening reference desk. Along with the reference desk duties I will help with book displays, PR and help create items for National Library Week.