Friday, December 4th
BASD Community Resources
Check them out by clicking on the link or call Winkler School at 262-539-2726 or the District Office at 262-763-0214
BASD EQUITY STATEMENT
The Burlington Area School District rejects all forms of racism, discrimination, and harassment of students, families, staff members, and/or visitors in school or within the community. Such behaviors will be treated as being destructive to the District's and Police Department’s mission, vision, values, and goals. The District pledges and is committed to providing a physically and psychologically safe, secure, and respectful environment, free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, and national origin.
Please visit our BASD Equity Page to learn more about how we are working to make effective change and some of the organizations that BASD is working with to create a more equitable school environment.
DECEMBER SCHOOL REMINDERS
There are only two weeks left before Winter break! Lets make these weeks fantastic. Here are a few reminders to keep things running smoothly:
- Please remember to charge up those Chromebooks at night. We will be using them a lot this week.
- Send those headphones back. Students will also be using those this week.
- iReady Testing began this week and will continue until December 18th. Please make sure everyone gets good sleep and eats balanced meals this week. As always, school breakfast is free. Encourage your kids to eat some breakfast every day either at home or at school.
- Don’t forget the water bottles! Wearing a mask all day makes the kids dry and we are encouraging lots of hydration. Office cups are tiny and make it hard for the kids to get enough water each day.
- It’s COLD outside! Please send winter wear each day. The kids will be outside several times a day. Hats, gloves, and coats are required now. Also, When it snows, boots and snowpants will be required to play on the equipment.
- Lastly, if your child is feeling ill, has a fever, cough, stomach ache, etc, please DO NOT send them to school. We are trying so hard to keep our school healthy and our doors open. If you are unsure of how long they should be home, please call the office and we can help.
WHAT IS iREADY TESTING?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and/or mathematics that will help your student’s teacher(s) determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year.
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER
Before there were weather apps for your smartphone, Doppler radar, or the National Weather Service, our ancestors were busy observing their natural surroundings and noticed that animal behavior, clouds, and other elements of nature gave clues about the weather to come.
The result: weather folklore — sayings, rhymes, and anecdotes that were passed down from generation to generation. Weather lore is one of our favorite subjects at Farmers’ Almanac. Click on the link to learn more!
BURLINGTON ICE FEST - SANTA PLANS A VISIT
The City is delighted to host the Wisconsin State Ice Carving Competition as part of the 2020 Ice Festival on Saturday, December 12!
Along with watching the carving competition, visitors can spend the day exploring our downtown Burlington, visiting Santa Claus in the Chalet, and more! There is no cost for visitors to attending this festival. This event is only made possible with the support of our community sponsors.
Garden Club - Decorating
Need COVID 19 Testing? Here is a big listing of multiple sites and times in English and Spanish.TRI-COUNTY DRIVE THROUGH TESTING
Though the CDC is adjusting the recommended quarantine period, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services has not updated quarantine recommendations for Wisconsin. The Central Racine County Health Department wants us to continue with the current quarantine guidance of 14 days since contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
STAY CONNECTED TO BASD WITH A NEW APP
BASD App - Stay connected with news, calendars, quick links, menus, directories, and even a tip line.
Skyward also has a Mobile App. Click on the link to learn how to set it up.
* IMPORTANT DATES *
School Dish - Online Webpage for the School Cafeteria. For a video, copy and paste this link - https://www.basd.k12.wi.us/foodservice/SchoolDishMenus.mp4