Panda Family News
We Learn. We Collaborate. We Celebrate.
We ended last week with 15 PTA Members, let's see if we can hit 50 this week! Our PTA is pretty #PAWSome and collaborates to support all students and staff. Membership is only $5 and parents, guardians, grandparents and any other supportive relative or friend are all welcome to join! Click this link and join today!
#PAWSome Things to Know and Check Out
- Meal Delivery: Starting Monday, September 14th, Horton Middle School will be delivering school meals to the following locations: East Cornwallis Street (11 AM-11:15 AM), Pittsboro Village Apartments (11:20 AM - 11:35 AM), Bellemont Pointe Apartments (11:40 AM - 11:55 AM), and Masonic Street (near Clapp's Laundry) (12 PM- 1 2:15 PM). Please allow extra time for potential traffic delays. If you do not live near one of these zones and would like meals to be delivered, please contact Horton or fill out the HMS Meal Drop Off.
- Diagnostic Assessments: Pandas have been taking their Fall Diagnostic Assessments via Zoom with their classroom teacher. Thank you for helping your child have a quiet and uninterrupted work space on their day of assessment. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you have any questions.
- Progress Reports for Q1 will be emailed home on Friday, September 18
- Wednesday, September 23 is an Early Release day for students. Zoom instruction will end by 12:00 to allow teachers to be available for afternoon professional development.
- Check out this week's #PandaNewsShow with Staff Anchors Mr. Dobbin and Mrs. Jeremiah and Student Anchor. Continue to contribute to our Good News Flipgrid and the #WPES News Crew will share out next week!
- Hotspot Information: The first round of Hotspots have been distributed and we are anticipating another round to be available.
Remember you can access all things for At Home Learning on our PES At Home Learning website. Please continue to #StaySafe and if you leave home, know your Ws!
Wishing you well #PandaFamily,
Support Our #PandaFamily: There are several ways you can support PES during your regular shopping! Find out more info about Amazon Smile, Harris Teeter, Lowes, Box Tops, and primary.com!
Please review CCS Attendance Procedures during Remote Learning. We have pulled out a few highlights below.
Responsibilities: Attendance responsibilities are shared by students, parents, and the school staff.
A student is considered present for daily attendance during a remote learning day:
If a student completes their daily assignments, either online or offline; or
If a student has a daily check-in, a two-way communication, with the classroom teacher(s):
Evidence of attendance will be measured in the following ways (including but not limited to):
Participation in an online discussion/chat, Zoom
Phone call or Voicemail
Completion of course/class activities
CCS Meals and Free and Reduced Lunch
The online application, which is processed within 48 hours and is the most efficient way to apply! If you need a paper copy, please stop by the school to pick one up!
Please complete the Free and Reduced Lunch application here - https://www.lunchapplication.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Dzoah_5nkjttswX93MsWsFOlNs3vp1-quSjCeHupZJyRrHZFwzCrueSs
Any student that qualifies for reduced status will be receiving breakfast and lunch meals for free for the 2020-21 school year.
Follow Chatham County Schools Nutrition's Facebook page for up to date information -
Horton Feeding Site: Monday - Thursday 10:30AM - 1:00PM
What’s up Panda Families! If you have any needs, please check out our PES Student Services Website and submit a Student Support Services form in the Request to see the Counselor/Social Worker Section.