Journey Through Sixth Grade
Week of February 1st
Things to look forward to...
- February 5: Love Grams Order Due
- February 10: Ash Wednesday Service, 9:10 am, Gym
- February 11: Middle School Mix-It Up Lunch, 12-1 pm, Gym
- February 12: Grandparents' and Special Friends Day, Concert Dress, School Dismissal at 11:00 am
- February 12 & 15: Extended Programs Closed
- February 15-19: Winter Break
- February 16-19: Extended Programs Open
- February 22: School Resumes
Egypt Fun Friday: We need your cardboard!
Last week, 6th graders completed their next Egypt Fun Friday STEAM challenge: Design the tallest step pyramid you can using sugar cubes. It was quite messy and sugary! This is to prepare them for our big Egyptian STEAM Challenge Event: Students will design an arcade game using the knowledge they have gathered from researching Ancient Egypt. For this project, we need cardboard! Please send all of those Amazon boxes, empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls, and any other cardboard sitting in your trash can to school with your 6th grader! They will be put to good use!