Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of September 7, 2015
- Groups of 2,3,4,5
- writing numbers 1-10
- Comprehension Focus: Character traits and Setting (We practiced visualizing too!)
- Kid News
- Focus Letters: Ll, Oo, Gg
- rhyming words, compound words
- Sight Word: the
- Color Words: brown, black, pink, white
- Reviewing author/illustrator...making sure our pictures match our words
- Predictable Story: The Things I see...
- Kid News paper will be hot off the press EVERYDAY and expected to be returned the next day. Fridays news will be completed in class together preventing weekend homework!! :)
- Book Baggies (books will be sent home to read and return the next day)
- September 21st-25th is Fall Book Fair during library specials class
- September 28: Picture Retakes
- Parent/Teacher conferences
Working hard on our classroom book... "The Things I See."
Ready for the hall!
Bubbles in our mouths, hands to our self, eyes forward, walking feet...We are getting the hang of it!
Our mystery shape game...each student has a baggy full of different colored shapes and must be creative to solve the mystery picture. I LOVE the creativity this activity brings!
Ready for the hall!
- Kid News Folders will be sent home daily with our kindergarten newspaper. Please complete with your child and return the next day.
- Stretching and pulling sounds to make and create CVC words
- Becoming great authors: writing the sounds we hear to make words
- Letter Hh
- Sigh words: to, have, is
I am scheduling parent teacher conferences. Please fill out the attached paper and return ASAP. I will schedule you the best I can, and in the order I receive the forms. THANK YOU!
SPIRIT WEEK for Homecoming...
Tuesday: Silly Sock Day
Wednesday: Crazy Hat Day
Thursday: Camo Day/ Little Tiger Fun Run @AMHS track 6:30
Friday: Spirit Day/Homecoming Parade @ 5:00
- Homework packets are due each Friday. Please sign and return in the folder.
- Kindergarten News is sent home daily. Please return the next day completed.
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere.