The Panther Press
September 2, 2022
Panthers Always Pursue Excellence!
It's been a great start to the new school year! Enjoy your holiday weekend.
Labor Day Holiday
Mark Your Calendars!
September 6th - Labor Day Holiday
September 8th - Spring Creek Spirit Night
September 12th-16th - Book Fair
September 13th - Grandparents Day Lunch
September 15th - International Dot Day
September 15th - Volunteer Interest Meeting 4:30 p.m. (In the gym)
September 15th- Parent Orientation
- Session 1 5:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Session 2 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
September 22nd- Childhood Cancer Awareness Day
September 29th - Watch Dogs Kick Off Night 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Beginning of the Year Forms
For the 2022-2023 school year, all required Lamar Consolidated ISD beginning-of-year forms must be completed online through the Skyward Family Access Center.
Offering these forms digitally allows you the convenience of not only updating information that has changed from last school year, while also helping us maintain accurate information in our student information system
Online forms available through the Family Access Center need to be submitted no later than September 16th. We are 87% complete. If you haven't completed these forms, please take care of them as soon as possible.
Instructions, important dates and technical assistance regarding the online forms can be found at https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/family-access/beginning-of-year-forms
The Book Fair is Coming!
Student Photo Wall Coming Soon.....
Morgan Elementary would like to create a student photo wall to highlight school activities and build our Panther community, but we need your help! Please consider donating any new or slightly used wall hanging picture frames to help with our project. Preferred sizes are listed below, but all sizes are welcome. Frames can be sent to school with students and given to Mrs. Simoneaux.
New ID Badge Requirements
This year, as an increase to our safety measures, students and staff are required to wear their identification badge at all times. Student badges will serve as the student ID and SmartTag all in one card. Students are issued Smart Tag ID cards with an electronic chip Smart sensor (please do not modify the ID cards, or place holes in the card). The student’s name is printed on the front of the card, and there is no student information stored on the card.
We will also provide all students and staff with an emergency safety card to be worn with their ID Badge. This requirement is just one of several new safety additions that we are incorporating this year. The safety card contains Lamar CISD's Standard Response Protocol, important emergency numbers, as well as a QR code that links directly to the District's anonymous tip line. Badges will be distributed with student SMART Tags.
Students and staff are REQUIRED to wear their ID Badges daily. If your child has lost or misplaced their SMART tag, a new card must be purchased for $5.
Car Riders: We appreciate your patience as we work on the best procedure to load car riders as quickly as possible. We ask that everyone is courteous in the car line during morning arrival and afternoon pick up. Please use both lanes until closer to the orange cones near the playground. Once you are near the cones, please use the zipper method to form one line of cars. This will help the carline flow as smoothly and efficiently as possible
The transportation department is working hard to keep buses as close to scheduled pick-up and drop-off times as possible. However, drivers are sometimes absent and other drivers have to pick-up the slack and drive double or even triple routs from time to time. This will cause delays. Unfortunately, sometimes the delays are longer than we would like. In the mornings students are not counted tardy if their bus is late picking them up. Please register in the SMART-tag parent portal for real time updates of bus routes.
PK/KG students must have one or more Transportation Release Guardians listed within the student’s Smart Tag Parent Portal. Drivers will only release a KG student to approved guardians at the stop. Parents must register this information within their student's Smart Tag profile via the Smart Tag Parent Portal.
To ensure that all students get home safely, we ask that all transportation changes be made prior to 2:00 p.m. and that student transportation remains as consistent as possible.
On-Site After School Care at Morgan
We are pleased to share that Morgan will now have after school care provided by the YMCA on our campus beginning Tuesday, September 6th. Need more information? Contact Tylan Blades at Tylan.Blades@ymcahouston.org or (281) 341-0791
We are excited to welcome parents to school to eat lunch with their child(ren). So that we have a smooth, safe, and efficient process for enjoyable lunch visits, we are asking that everyone follows all school check-in procedures.
Upon arrival, you will be required to show your identification in the front office to receive a Raptor badge. Only adults approved by the custodial parent/guardian and on the emergency contact list will have approval to eat lunch with a child. Anyone not on the emergency contact list will not be permitted to visit with the child at any time
Once in the cafeteria, all visitors must sit at the visitor table and wait for their child to join them.
School-age visitors (in district or out of district) will not be permitted to eat lunch. This includes students on a modified schedule, Elementary, Junior High, and High School.
- Only students eating with eligible visitors may eat at the designated table.
- Parents should bring food for their children only.
- Visits at lunch are limited to 30-minute lunch period. Parents should say their goodbyes at the cafeteria door and return to the front office to exit the building. Visitors should not expect to follow students out to recess or back to the classrooms.
- Parents are not allowed to remove their children from the cafeteria for any reason without permission from a staff member on duty in the cafeteria. A parent wishing to check out their child must do this through the front office.
Lastly, please be assured that Lamar CISD will strive to keep the following measures in place:
- Campuses will be cleaned and sanitized on a routine basis.
- Hand sanitizers will continue to be readily available throughout our campuses.
- Visitors will be expected to self-screen and monitor themselves for any illness.
Student Meal Rates
During the 2022-2023 school year, all students will be charged for meals, including breakfast and lunch. Meals are no longer FREE for all students. If you would like to apply for a free or reduced payment, click the link below.
Lost and Found/Left Behind Items After School
- Be sure to label all your child's personal belongings with their name (First and Last) and grade level. If your child leaves something behind here at school, we want to be able to organize it into our lost and found for quick identification.
We teach our students organizational skills and responsibility by ensuring they have everything they need before leaving their classrooms at the end of the school day. Our classrooms may be locked, or teachers could have after-school meetings at the end of the school day, so we won't be able to accommodate students and parents going to classrooms to retrieve left behind items.
- All students arriving at school by car must be dropped off from the car rider line.
- For the safety of everyone, parents are not permitted to park in the front parking lot and walk students up to the front door.
- Please drive all the way up to the first drop-off point where a staff member/safety patrol student will be ready to receive cars.
- We ask that your child be ready when it is time to unload. This means they must have their lanyard w/Smart Tag on, water bottle/lunch kit, and backpack on.
- For safety reasons, we are not able to unbuckle safety restraints.
- All students will exit the car on the passenger side, and all adults need to stay inside their vehicles.
- If you arrive after the bell rings at 7:30 am, for safety reasons parents will need to park and come in with their children to get them checked into the front office.
- Please remember that breakfast is served from 7:00-7:30. If your child is eating breakfast at school, please drop them off in the mornings with enough time to allow them to eat in the cafeteria, as all students are required to be in class by 7:30 am.
- In order to minimize interruptions during instructional time, classroom deliveries will only be made at 10:00 am each day. Items that may be delivered at this time include snacks, birthday treats, and library books. Exceptions to this policy include eyeglasses and coats. All homework assignments will be placed in the teacher's mailbox for pick up at the teacher's earliest convenience. All items brought to school for delivery must be labeled with the student's name and teacher's name.
- Balloons, flowers, gifts, and party favors, etc., for students are not to be delivered at school at any time as they can cause a disruption in the classroom.
- Any changes in the normal transportation of your child must be stated in writing with a parent/guardian signature. We ask for everyone's help in not making changes frequently. However, we understand that unexpected changes will need to happen in rare cases. These can be called into the front office by 2:00 pm. We are not able to process changes after 2:00 pm. This includes parents that come to the campus without prior notice to pick up their child. Any change in transportation arrangements for any student requires a note to the teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how the child is going to get home. We ask that parents not email the change since there may be times that a teacher is not in attendance or does not have a chance to read their email.
Spring Creek Barbeque Spirit Night - September 8th
Volunteer Interest Meeting - September 15th (In the Gym @4:30)
Childhood Cancer Awareness
Please wear a gold or yellow t-shirt, or any childhood cancer awareness t-shirt in honor of children affected, and to raise awareness of Childhood Cancer.
Watchdog Kick Off
Friends of Morgan
Follow our Friends of Morgan on Facebook and the website by clicking the buttons below. Friends of Morgan is our Parent Teacher Organization that will support the faculty, students and parents of Morgan Elementary.
Since we are a new school, they are currently working through the process for being able to fundraise to provide amazing opportunities for our Morgan Panther staff and students.
We love volunteers! As we work to build our volunteer base and systems, FOM will be working with the campus to coordinate volunteer activities. More information to come.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Morgan Elementary Parent Handbook
This handbook has been designed to give you a quick, brief list of answers to questions, which
may arise, concerning Morgan Elementary School’s operational procedures.
Our campus wide newsletters will supplement the information herein, but if procedure or policy questions are still unanswered you may refer to the Elementary Student Handbook or contact our school to clarify these concerns.
Dress Code Reminder
Students can wear the clothing of their choice, as long as it conforms to the LCISD Dress Code Policy. Access the dress code policy in the LCISD Elementary Student/Parent handbook. (Dress and Grooming: Pages 34-36)
Reminder: Crop tops are not permitted per district dress code.
Spirit Wear Days
Mondays - Themed Day - Panthers Glow for Success
Fridays - Charger Fridays - wear your Charger spirit wear or grade level Friday shirts.
Procedures for Electronic Devices
We will update our page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Morgan and the achievements of the students and staff, as well as other relevant campus and district information.
Please click on the PDF below to access the Morgan Elementary Facebook page policy.
Messages for school staff will not be checked or responded to on Facebook. If anyone would like to reach school staff, please do so by calling the campus or emailing the appropriate staff member for assistance. Our campus phone number will be posted soon.
Fletcher Morgan Jr. Elementary
Jana Simoneaux, Asst. Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Medve, Counselor email@example.com
Catherine Noriega, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 32727 School Hill Road Fulshear, Texas