Harmony News - Weekly Update
April 30, 2021
The staff and I wish all parents and guardians another BIG THANK YOU for all of work you are putting in to help your kids be successful. We appreciate the time, support, and all suggestions. The end of this school year is near. Let's all help the kids remain focused and motivated for a fantastic finish.
Friday Spirit Days
Per some student Advisory suggestions, every Friday for the remainder of the year will be a spirit day.
April 30- Favorite Color Day...Dress in your favorite color from head to toe.
May 7- Tie Dye Day
May 14- Favorite Places Day: Dress to reflect your favorite vacation destination
May 21- Twin Day
May 28- Hogwarts Day: Wear red, yellow, green, or blue to reflect your favorite House!
June 4: Jersey Day
June 11: Camo Day
District Jazz Ensemble and Solo Festival Results
Congratulations to Zack Hafner, who was selected as first alto saxophone for the District 16 All-District Jazz Ensemble. Zack received the highest score of all of the alto saxophones in our District.
Congratulations to the following students who participated in the District 16 Solo Festival. All students received Superior ratings, which is the highest score possible.
- SOL testing begins Monday, May 3 for distant learners and Tuesday, May 4 for in-person learners.
- Students will be taking their grade level Reading SOL this week.
- For all SOL tests during the month of May, here are a few reminders:
- Get a good night's sleep
- Arrive to school with a fully charged Chromebook---power off the device the night before and place it on charge
- Bring a book to read when the test is completed
- Bring a writing utensil
- Personal devices will need to be powered off and in your backpack during testing
School Spirit Wear Available Online
Parents / students - The online store is active again. Here is the link (also posted on PTA Facebook).
Requests to Switch to In Person Learning
Advisory students were working on a lesson in Nearpod on SOL Survival Skills—it was designed to be teacher-led and includes collaboration boards.
Please help us ensure the safety of all students, staff, and parents in the parking lot by following these practices at dismissal (Map posted on our website).
- We have two lanes to move traffic through more quickly. Please pull into the lane open with the most space. (See map)
- All students being picked-up must exit the building through the side entrance by the band room.
- Pull as far forward as possible along the curb before picking-up students. If cars stop before pulling all the way up, it slows the entire dismissal process.
- Watch carefully for students crossing into the inner parking lot loop. These students are crossing at the crosswalk.
- Be courteous and patient. Thank you.
Rising 9th Grade Runners
If you are interested in running cross county at Woodgrove for the 2021-2022 season this fall, please contact Coach Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Jenkins is one of the assistant coaches for Woodgrove XC and she would like to collect names/emails to get important summer training and meet up information out to new runners. Please submit your email to Coach Jenkins by May 28th.
Who to Contact? Need help?
email@example.com, registrar and attendance secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org, assistant principal (assessment)
email@example.com, assistant principal (special education)