By Evelyn Solis
Madonna Louise Ciccone was born on August 16, 1958 in Bay City, Michigan. After years of hard work and dedication she became a famous singer, songwriter, and actress. She soon fell in love with her trainer, Carlos Leon. He was born on July 10,1966 in La Habana, Cuba. He started off as a trainer but throughout the years he has turned into an accomplished actor who performs on Broadway. Madonna and Carlos got married in 1995 but their marriage didn't last. When they got divorced in May 1997, Madonna declared they were "better off as best friends."
Living The Glamorous Life
- 1998- Being only two years old Lourdes modeled for her first magazine cover, Vanity Fair, alongside her mom.
- 2003- When Madonna performed Like a Virgin at the 2003 MTV Music Awards with Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and Missy Elliot, Lourdes also participated by performing as a flower girl.
- 2004- Lourdes wrote her own short story, called Lucille, at the age of 8. The story was later auctioned off, and the proceeds were donated to benefit the organization Teenage Cancer Trust.
- 2010- Lourdes was in two music videos for the single "Celebration". In one of the videos she dressed exactly like her mother in the original video of Like a Virgin.
- 2014-Lourdes graduated from LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts in New York City. Having years of experience in the that industry under an iconic mentor,she was recognized as one of the " 100 Most Influential Young Celebrities" by the British edition on InStyle Magazine.
In 2010 Lourdes and Madonna launched a clothing line, named after Madonna's 1985 chart topper, Material Girl. Famous people have also contributed to the line such as actress Taylor Momsen and fashionista Kelly Osbourne. In 2011, Lourdes expanded the brand by launching a Material Girl Beauty make-up line. She has her own blog on the Material Girl website where she talks about her products, emotions, adventures, and thoughts.
Wicked Watermelon, Viva Vanilla, and Blissful Berry.
Zendaya's Spring 2015 Material Girl Campaign
Rita Ora's 2014 Spring/Summer Collection