2nd Grade News
with Ms. Przedpelski
A very successful week in 2nd grade
Once again, thank you to those of you who were able to come to curriculum night. I had such a great time seeing all of you and I hope I was able to answer all of your questions. Please see the updates below and e-mail me with any questions you may have.
1. Spanish - New this week! Your child will be bringing home some Spanish worksheets for Homework from Mr. Chiappetta. These will come home and are due with your child's regular weekly Homework Packets every Friday. Your child has a Spanish folder they take with them to class each day, I will make sure their Spanish Homework goes to class with them each Friday in that folder.
2. FSA Connect - Hopefully after our discussion at Curriculum Night and me speaking with Mr. Turan we are quickly making all the adjustments needed to help this run properly. Please let me know if you continue to have issues with your child's FSA Connect account. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing once everything is fixed for us :)
3. Forms DUE - I am still missing many forms from some students in our classroom. If you have not, please make sure to read, sign, and return your child's syllabus, the first 3 pages signed from the student handbook, "Getting to Know You" sheet, and Important Information sheet. You can see on FSA Connect if your child is missing their Syllabus - they will not have a grade for this assignment! Most importantly - please fill in the Important Information sheet, this informs me of anything I need to be aware of like ALLERGIES! If you aren't sure if you have or have not returned yours, please e-mail me and I will let you know what I am missing from your child.
4. Accelerated Reader - After curriculum night, I found out that our AR accounts are not working just yet. For your child's reading log & reflection project this month, I will have them focusing on reading and working on writing fantastic reflections. As soon as AR is up and running I will let you know and we will begin these tests as well. We will also be implementing our in-class AR testing time as soon as the iPad cart is ready for use :)
4. Homeroom app - Please join our Homeroom app! (Link found below) It is a great place where I am sharing pictures of all our fun activities throughout the year! You don't want to miss out! Please click the link and follow the instructions on how to join to get connected!
Help build our classroom library
summer reading dress down day
Orion, Madeline, Abhinav, Krish
** If your child did their summer reading reflections and I do not have their name on this list, it means they did not turn them in to me! **
Picture day is thursday, September 10th
Our Picture Day is Thursday, September 10.
All students have to wear their red uniform shirts on the picture day.
Students will bring home their order flyers from me this afternoon, but you can also choose to order online.
Please see the online order information below:
Fulton Science Academy Private School
Picture Day: Thursday, September 10
Picture Day ID: AG205297Q0
Be prepared by ordering online at mylifetouch.com
- No need to send cash or flyer back to school when you order online
- See more options available online
Grandparents day at FSAPS
We are organizing a special school tour and luncheon for grandparents of our students during National Grandparents Weekend on Sunday, September 13, 2015.
The day will begin at FSA at 1:00PM with a brief tour and be followed by a delicious luncheon at 1:20PM.
This day has a threefold purpose:
* To honor grandparents
* To give grandparents an opportunity to get more information about their grandchildren’s school
* To help children become aware of the strength, information and guidance older people can offer
All FSA students and parents are invited together with their grandparents to this program
If you wish to attend, please send an e-mail to Mrs. Condon at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 10, 2015 and let us know how many will attend from your family.
At FSAPS we do home visits. It is a wonderful opportunity for teachers and families to get to know one another. I enjoy home visits because it helps bridge the gap between home and school for your child. These are not mandatory, but if you are interested in having some of your child's teachers visit your home please continue to read...
How can you schedule a home visit?
Very simple. Please send an e-mail to our home visit coordinator, Mrs. Unal at email@example.com and give us three available dates for your child's home visit program. We will get back to you and confirm a date. Depending on our teacher’s availability, at least two teachers will be together to visit our students and parents at their homes.
For any questions you have about this program, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The best times to schedule a home visit are weekdays after 5:00 pm, and anytime during the weekends except Sunday mornings.
Ms. P's Math Class:
Students in Ms. P's Math class are moving on to Chapter 2 - Addition to 1,000! We will be adding and subtracting with and without regrouping, using place value charts to visually show our understanding of these larger addition problems.
Ms. Minor's Math Class:
Students in Ms. Minor's Math class are beginning Chapter 2 on Monday. This chapter is all about students using the quickest method to mentally solve addition and subtraction problems. These students will practice this by working with number bonds, rounding to the nearest tens/hundreds/thousands and quick mental math solutions without rewriting the problem.
This week we will be finishing up our study of the scientific method. We will demonstrate this process throughout the week and practice writing the different steps in our investigations. Students will take a short quiz this week on The Scientific Method. They should be able to list the steps and explain them in their own words.
We will be continuing our discussion of the word community and how we can be a great citizen in our community. This week we will focus on the 3 Branches of Government. Your students will read, discuss, and complete different activities to learn about the responsibilities of each branch. It will be a fun week for us in Social Studies!
Important Dates to Remember:
Monday, September 7 – Labor Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, September 9 - Summer Reading Dress Down Day
Thursday, September 10 - Student Picture Day
Sunday, September 13 - National Grandparents Day