Painter, Engraver, Printmaker, Mathematician, & Theorist.
"Stay True To Your Art..."
IMPACT ON THE RENAISSANCE
- He made an impact on many writers by his use of Tempera and Oil Glazes.
- One of the Greatest Northern Renaissance painters.
- Traveled throughout Western Germany learning his trade from masters in Strasberg.
- Took advantage of the new technology of printing in order to bring his illustrations of the Bible to a wide audience of ordinary people.
- Durer's famous self-portrait is just one of how the Northern Renaissance was inextricably tied to the Protestant Reformation.
ALBRECHT IS UNDER THE ARTISTIC CATEGORY
1486-Albrecht was appernticed as a painter of Nuremburg
1492- Went to study under Martin Schongauer
1502- Death of Albrecht's father.
1513-"The Knight, Death, and Devil" produced
1527- returned from the coronation of charles V back to Nuremburg with an unkown sickness at the time, which afflicted him the rest of his life.
1528- Death of Durer
"ALBRECHT DURER1471 - 1528." ALBRECHT DURER. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.
"Art in the Protestant Reformation: Albrecht Durer & Northern European Artists." Education-Portal.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.