Weekly Wellness Update
Week of November 22-26 - National Addictions Awareness Week
Signs & Symptoms of Drug Addiction
Article at a Glance:
- It may be challenging to know if someone has a drug addiction but knowing warning signs can help.
- Common physical signs include lethargy, bloodshot eyes, runny nose, irregular sleep and weight changes.
- Behavioral signs include shifts in social circles, poor work/school performance, secretive behavior and neglecting responsibilities.
- Psychological signs include paranoid thoughts, negative self-image, lack of motivation and feelings of apathy.
- Certain factors put people at a higher risk of addiction but drug addictions are treatable for everyone.