HSE Tiger Tribune
November 29th - December 3rd
HSE's Annual I-Fest is this Saturday!
AUCTIONS! FOOD TRUCKS! GAMES! CULTURAL PERFORMANCES! DRIVE/SIT-IN MOVIE! We will have EVERYTHING!
I-Fest activities from 3:00-5:00 p.m. with the sit-in movie, Space Jam: A New Legacy, starting at 5:30!
Buy your tickets in advance here: https://hsehoustonpto.square.site/s/shop
*** THE I-FEST SILENT AUCTION HAS STARTED***
Be sure to check out all of the auctions and bid on your favorite items. And, feel free to share this link with your friends and family. https://www.32auctions.com/I-Fest2021
Also, We will have t-shirt pick up during IFest
See you there!
p.s. We still need more volunteers, if you can help, please sign up below. Thank you for your participation and helping make our International Festival a fun and safe event for all.
Stinky Cheese Man hits the stage December 9th & 10th @ 7:00 p.m.
Excellence Theatre presents Stinky Cheese Man & Other Fairly Stupid Tales at HSE on Thursday, December 9th and Friday, December 10th. Reserve your seats now!
HSE Cheer Clinic on Tuesday, December 14th!
Open to all K-5th as well a 6th & 7th grade students interested in trying out!
Come join our championship HSE Cheerleaders for an afternoon of spirit! At the clinic
your student will learn a NEW variety of cheerleading moves including: Basic
tumbling skills, basic jumps, a few HSE tiger cheers and basic stunts! Admission
will include hours of cheer fun, pizza and a souvenir. Please fill out the form
below and return to Mrs. Berkowitz.
Students can pick up a copy of the form by room 127 or click here for a printable form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zL4IR1BTq4Rt1WYXxv2yCywAcEI9yWJR/view?usp=sharing
ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED by Thursday, December 9th
All proceeds will go to helping your HSE cheerleaders compete.
Students will be taking their STAAR Interim tests next week. Tests will be administered from 8:00-10:00 a.m. and classes will return to normal schedule after that time.
- Saturday, December 4th, 8:00 - 12:00 p.m.: HPS North Drone Competition
- Saturday, December 4th, 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.: HSE I-Fest Celebration
- Monday, December 6th - 15th: Blanket and Sock Drive
- Tuesday, December 7th: Practice STAAR - 3rd-8th Math, Algebra
- Wednesday, December 8th: Practice STAAR - 3rd-8th Reading
- Thursday, December 9th: Practice STAAR - 5th & 8th Science, Biology
- Thursday, December 9th, 7:00 p.m.: Excellence Theatre Presents Stinky Cheese Man
- Friday, December 10th: Practice STAAR - 8th Social Studies
- Friday, December 10th: Last day of Fall Clubs
- Friday, December 10th, 7:00 p.m.: Excellence Theatre Presents Stinky Cheese Man
- Tuesday, December 14th, 3:08 - 6:00 p.m.: HSE Tigers Cheer Clinic
Add this to your phone to stay up to date on all of our HSE events
1st Ever Harmony North District Practice RADC Drone Competition on Saturday
If you are interested in drones, join us anytime between 8:00 - 12:00 in the HSE gym to see them fly!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Tutoring Available to All HSE Students!
Need help? Just login in to Clever in your MyHarmony Portal, then select TutorMe to get started with your first online tutoring session.
Earn Points and Prizes for Hard Work!
Thanksgiving break and Winter breaks are great opportunities for students to use online software and also to read books for the reading challenges!
Click here to learn more about our Incentive Program: https://tinyurl.com/21-22HSEIncentives
Click Here to Purchase Spirit Shirts, HSE Mom Shirts, HSE Staff Shirts
All students age 5 and up are now eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Here are some resources if you would like more information.
Visit Harris County Public Health: https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/
Planning on Hitting the Slopes in Colorado this Year?
For 26 years the Colorado Ski Country USA Ski Passport Program has helped hundreds of thousands of students and their families hit the slopes every year at a very affordable price. Make sure your students do not miss out on the winter fun that Colorado has to offer and provide parents of your students with the opportunity to sign up today!The quickest and easiest way to sign up for the Passport Program is online at coloradoski.com/passport.
The Ski Passport Program provides up to 88 days of skiing or riding at 21 of Colorado's mountains (starting at $59). Passport holders are also eligible to receive 2 free ski or snowboard rentals from Christy Sports.
New Parent Volunteer System
Cool Weather is Coming!
No hooded jackets and sweaters are allowed to be brought to school. Preferably buy the Harmony School jacket.
While waiting on the arrival of Harmony jackets, students may wear a plain, dark colored jacket (black, navy blue, dark gray).
Label your students jacket include full name, grade and section.
Drive Safely - for Your Kid and for Others
- Drive SLOWLY in our parking lot - slow enough that if a kid darts out between cars, you can stop (the 10 seconds you save speeding through isn't worth a life)
- Obey the School Zone speed limits
- Watch the accelerator as you move in pickup lines and especially when exiting our parking lots - we have seen people "lead-foot" it out of our lots and almost hit pedestrians and other cars
- DO NOT park across the street and walk to get your student. There have been very devastating accidents at the Brookhollow intersection - and people coming over the bridge may not see a pedestrian in time to stop
Join Our Team!
Current positions include SpEd, ELA, and Elementary teachers. For job postings and information, go to https://harmonytx.org/careers. To apply for a position, go to https://harmonytx.org/employment-opportunities.
HSE Tardy Policy
Please be reminded that it is the parent’s responsibility to discuss the school’s tardy policy with their child, reinforcing the student’s ability to be responsible for arriving to class on time and most importantly, it is the parent’s responsibility to bring the student to school on time.
Starting Monday, 9/27/2021, parents who bring their children to school after 7:45 a.m. must park their car, enter the building, and sign their child in at the front office.
Families can refer to page 19 of the Student & Parent Handbook for more details. Below are the consequences for multiple tardies:
- 1-3 Verbal warning to parents
- 4-5 Written warning to parents
- 6-9 Conference with parents
- 10+ Parent must meet with principal or designee and submit a letter explaining the reason(s) for the excessive tardiness. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the school filing a case with Child Protective Services.
New Front Office Hours
**2021-2022 HSE Front Office Hours**
M, T, Th, F: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. | 4:00- 4:30 p.m.
W: 7:45 am. - 2:00 p.m. | 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The office and front lobby will be CLOSED during drop-off (7:00-8:00 a.m.) and during dismissal (W: 1:30-3:00p, all other days: 2:30-4:00p)
Parents will not be allowed to wait in the front lobby while the office is closed.
*Late students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must have a parent/guardian sign their student in at the table on the front patio
Harmony Mask Policy
Harmony Mask Policy
- Masks will be required for all persons inside Harmony Public Schools buildings and transportation services (ex. buses). If an individual does not have a mask, one will be provided.
- For students and staff members who are unable to wear a mask, a mask exception form is available in each student and staff member’s Skyward account.
When it comes to masks, there may be no perfect policy for all families. Masks have become one of the more hotly debated issues of our time. The one thing we can all agree on, though, is that we all look forward to a day when no one needs to wear a mask.
In the late spring and early summer, many of us believed that day was close. Unfortunately, it’s not quite here yet. But by working together, we will get there – hopefully soon.
For now, we’re asking for Harmony to mask up. It’s good science, and it’s what is best for kids. Thank you.
Emin Cavusoglu, M. Ed. | Area Superintendent | Houston North