- Graph in inches
- Numbers Rounded
- Coordinates rounded to: (0,0),(1,4),(2,5),(3,4),(5,0)
- Vertex: (2,5)
- Roots: (0,0),(5,0)
- Standard Form: y=-0.83x^2+4.1x+0
- Vertex Form: y=-1(x-2)+5
Water fountain from a distance
Water fountain with marked points
Picture taken at Walmart
Questions to be answered
- The water coming out of the spout represents one of the roots, or where the parabola starts.
- It's one of the roots of the parabola and is necessary for the standard equation.
- The maximum height of the water is 5 inches.
- It hits the tray 5 inches away from the spout.
- The domain for the parabola is [5,0]. Part of the domain is the distance away from the spout.
- The range of this parabola is [0,5]. It's the height from the tray to the vertex of the water.