Merryhill School News
October 12, 2018
Fall Fundraiser - Orders and Payments Due Monday!
All fundraiser order forms and payments must be submitted by Monday, October 15th.
Do not miss your final opportunity to order some great items and help our school in the process. We are so appreciative of your support as we raise money for additional preschool classroom supplies and furnishings and additional technology in our elementary.
There are so many great things to purchase from cookie dough, cakes, popcorn, and many more fun treats! You can also order many additional products from the online store.
We will have our final daily drawing for a great prize on Monday! They are also earning other great prizes for the number of items sold, including Jungle Patrol and the money machine just to name a few!!
Our biggest selling class (by percentage) - one preschool and one elementary - will win a pizza and cookie party for the entire class! The two biggest sellers will additionally choose from one of three prizes:
- $100 of school uniform / spirit apparel
- Free Friday catered lunch program for November and December plus free registration for November Parent's Night Out
- 2 free months of afterschool club - including woodworking, DIY, basketball, volleyball, STEAM, or drama.
Happy selling and thank you for your support of our school!
Elementary Parent Conferences
You will be receiving your copy of your student's Personalized Learning Plan in the upcoming days.
Fall Festival - Saturday, October 27th
Enjoy carnival style games, cake walk, visit from the Fire Department, face painting, snacks, and much more! This is a completely free event for all families. We appreciate any donations of candy, small prizes, cakes/baked goods for cake walk, and any donations for our raffle table. Raffle tickets will be sold for $2/ticket. We will also have Kona Ice available for sale. In addition, you can sign up to work a game if you are interested.
We hope that everyone plans to attend this fun day, and we appreciate your support with your donations!
As a reminder, students will not be permitted to wear costumes to school on October 31st.
Each elementary student will be bringing home a family character packet this week with activities to discuss honesty. I hope that you find this a helpful tool; we will continue sending these with many different traits to assist with family discussions. We have an amazing group of students and want to help them to be the best that they can be!
Parenting Resources - Working Parents
- October 16th: Kindergarten enrichment trip to Green Meadows
- October 17th: 3rd grade enrichment trip to Perot Museum
- October 18th: Preschool progress reports sent home
- October 18th: Chuck E. Cheese Spirit Night - 3:00-9:00 p.m.
- October 19th: College Day - support your favorite college
- October 22nd-26th: Red Ribbon Week
- October 26th: Fantastic Friday
- October 26th: Spirit Day
- October 26th: 4th, 5th, and 6th grade enrichment trip to Wings Over Dallas
- October 27th: Fall Festival 9:00-1:00
- October 30th: Lunch Bunch
- October 31st: No costumes are allowed at school
- November 1st: Elementary report cards