Principal's Meeting Update
Manufacturing Day: October 23, 2019
MFG Day Feedback
- There seems to be confusion regarding Center kids and if they have to participate. HACC students must participate. WBL requirements are not tracked for all students not just concentrators.
- MFG Day is for Engineering and Welding students. All other programs run as normal on this day.
- Do not send Engineering and Welding students to HACC on this day, they should be on the tour with their home districts
- Plan the date for next year's Mfg. Day so Businesses have more time to plan and we increase participation
- Continue transportation reimbursements from the home school to EDP
Perkins V: Transition Year
Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
Districts: Camden, Hillsdale, Jonesville, NAJ, Waldron and HACC
- Failure to submit your CLNA will result in the loss of your added cost funding and loss of CTE status.
- 3 Levels: OA (any district that receives Added Cost Funding), CEPD (County), Region (Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee)
- Timeline: OA (October 1, 2019), CEPD (November 1, 2019), Region (December 1, 2019)
- The needs assessment should be driving your Perkins spending.
Follow Up Surveys
Date Change: From Spring to Fall
Local Follow Up Surveys: Due to Brenda by November 25, 2019 (See packet for additional information)
Work Based Learning
WBL for CTE: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/WBL_State-Approved_CTE_Programs_Booklet_605677_7.pdf
- Track all students and the level of WBL participation
- School participation and HACC WBL are separate experiences and will be tracked separately. Home schools and Centers cannot count the same experience(s). No double dipping.
- All Sophomores
- Format: General Tour, Break out sessions (students choose 2 programs to spend time in)...Thoughts?
- Timeline: Tours in December/January with all kids. Sophomore Shadow for students for longer periods of time (students would ride the bus with other Center kids from their school and participate in project days in desired programs, 2 programs max, one,1/2 day per kid.
- Transportation for general tours
- CTE promotional goodie for students
#DreamsToSuccess 2017: mikeroweWORKS Foundation