Gonzalez Premier Express
Week of May 9, 2016
Our KF students will lead us during announcements this week. Please, make sure students are familiar with the script and report to the office by 7:58 a.m. I would like to start announcements no later than 8:05 a.m.
RACING TO PREMIER
It is that time of the year when we will have an opportunity to show the District and the State what Gonzalez is all about. You have worked extremely hard to get our students not only prepared for the next grade level, but also to take the STAAR test. Our students are ready and confident that they will succeed; I know that they have worked hard and will do their very best during testing days. As we strive to become the PREMIER elementary school in Dallas ISD,
- Remind our students that you are proud of them
- Be calm and actively monitor the testing environment
- Smile and follow the testing protocol shared by our Testing Coordinator
- Ms. Shelby and Ms. Edwards for their leadership and coordination of the testing meetings. They did an awesome job setting up the logistics of the testing environment. By doing so, we can ensure that our students get the best setting to be successful.
- Ms. Shelby and Ms. Tyler for their support and organization as they conducted the last ARDs and 504 meetings to ensure our students get the accommodations needed for testing.
- Coach Crawford and Mr. Balbuena for their leadership with the soccer teams. Our students continue to demonstrate commitment and represent Gonzalez very well. Our girls soccer team has won their last 29 games; way to go!!!
- This past Saturday, we had our last session for Saturday School. I know that our students are very lucky to have each one of you as their teacher. Last Saturday, we had Mr. Nazeri, Mrs. Yarbrough, Mr. Salazar, Ms. Trevino, Mr. Gonzalez-Perez, Ms. Anguiano, Ms. Valencia, Mr. Riser, and Ms. Rentowski. Also, kudos to Ms. Gomez and Mr. Nuno for supporting our students with the logistical part of Saturday School.
incorporates small group instruction during her lesson to support students individually.
uses data to drive her instruction. She communicates the objective to the students and reviews the score from the previous lesson and sets a goal with the students for the lesson.
Ms. Thiele and Ms. Camarillo use purposeful stations with directions and high level tasks for students to engage in the learning. Using this structure, students were able to have meaningful discussions and practice skills.
Under the leadership of Mrs. Buchanon and the support of parents, our cheerleaders participated this past Saturday in the Cinco de Mayo Pleasant Grove Parade. They represented Gonzalez very well and had a lot of fun.
Our Folklorico dancers had their first performance this past Saturday during the celebration of Cinco de Mayo in Pleasant Grove. They also participated in the parade. Ms. Leal has worked really hard to ensure our students do a great job; they did just that!!!
Mr. Willis and Ms. Michael continue to work very hard with our baseball teams. Our 4th-5th grade team won the game 15-1. Also, thank you to Ms. Martinez for her support during practice and games.
Lone Star Challenge
Teacher Appreciation Week
We Appreciate You!!!
During the past week, many staff members contributed to ensure teachers and staff felt appreciated for the work and commitment to our students. Special THANKS to Ms. Meza, Ms. Villalobos, Ms. Reyna, Ms. Martinez, and Ms. Corral.
Throughout the week, she brought food and other tokens of appreciation for the staff. She has done a terrific job supporting our climate and culture of our campus!!!
As members of PTA, Ms. Gilda, Ms. Gomez, and Ms. Almendarez worked hard to show their appreciation to our staff. We really appreciate this partnership and support.
We Appreciate You!!!
- STAAR Math 3rd/4th
- STAAR 5th Math Retest
- Spring Climate Survey opens through May 17
- PreK-2nd and Specials SLO Accomplishment Due - Cordoba/Mena via SchoolNet
- STAAR Reading(3rd/4th)
- STAAR 5th Reading Retest
- TEI Roster Verification begins through May 25 - See e-mail sent by Mr. Cordoba for more details
- National Paraprofessionals Day
- STAAR Science (5th)
- Soccer: Richardson Vs. Gonzales @Gonzales 4:30-5:30
- STAAR Makeups
- 11:00 - 2:00 Feeder Pattern Principal's Meeting At Gonzalez
- Grades are due on May 15th for distribution of Progress Reports
- Class picture With Logan's Photography
- 3:30 Staff picture
- Annual employee health fair @Ellis Davis Field House from 2:00-7:00pm
- Annual employee health fair @Ellis Davis Field House from 10:00-2:00 pm
Cafeteria Award for Excellence
Teacher and Student Surveys - Kindle usage
Please complete these surveys with your homeroom class by May 18th. They should take no longer than 10-15 minutes (max) to finish. I recommend going through the survey with your students together to avoid confusion on the questions.
Link to student survey: http://tiny.cc/stepstudent2016
Link to teacher survey: http://tiny.cc/stepteacher2016
Contract Dissemination for the 2016-2017
- We will disseminate contracts for contract-eligible employees electronically via Oracle Employee Self Service by early May.
- An email notification from email@example.com will be sent out to inform employees that 2016-2017 contracts are available for acknowledgement.
- All employees will have two weeks to provide an electronic signature; according to section 21 of the Dallas ISD Educator Contracts, an offer of employment shall expire if the contract is not signed by deadline.
We Wish You A Happy Birthday!
- Ms. Windham, May 10