The Calm by: John Donne
- John was born in London, England on January 22, 1572.
- John spent most of his life in London and spent about a few weeks in prison.
- Johns education or training he had was that he was a lawyer, priest and a satirist but while he was in collage he started to write poems.
- His lifestyle was not that good for making bad choices. One example is because for about a few weeks he was imprisoned for married his employers niece and also was fired . After John got out of prison life he had to struggle to help support his family.
- The type of art that John Donne created was writing poems. Some examples of his work is "The calm","The storm" and "A fever" and many other poems.
- Johns patrons were his friend and his friends mother
- The name of this piece is called "The Calm".
- "The Calm", was created in 1597
- dont know
- what is signifacate about this poem is that is complex like it's writer
- I find this piece very interesting because the reader expect the storm that the poet is talking about to calm down but the storm doesn't ever calm down. I like that because it is a poem that is serendipitous which is very interesting and not boring to read.
- This poem repersents skeptisim because people expect the poem to end well be it doesn't so it makes people question why it didn'nt end well.
- . "John Donnne self photo." Dover Beach. N.p.. Web. 30 Jan 2013. <http://lifeondoverbeach.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/john-donne.jpg>.
- "john donne poems." amazon images. N.p.. Web. 30 Jan 2013. <http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519J5MQTYKL._SL500_SS500_.jpg>.