Woodland Wildcats News
May 25, 2023
Letter from the Principal
May 25, 2023
Greeting Wildcat Families!
We did it! Today marks the last day of the 2022-2023 school year! We celebrate some remarkable successes this year.
1. Woodland ES and three of our teachers, Mr. Chismar, Ms. Hinmon, Ms. Squillace were featured in a national brand video for literacy. Click here to watch, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7md7J-Hl65IjZZCg-wN4YA.
2. State Recertification for our STEM program.
3. Title I status reinstated for 2023-2024.
4. Our WES Wildcat, Shaurya Sinde, represented Woodland Elementary as a finalist in our District Spelling Bee and moved on to the Region Spelling Bee competition.
5. Science Olympiad- First Place District-Level Science Olympiad Competition.
6. Math Hounds -First Place Sandy Springs Education Force Math Madness Tournament.
7. Our Friends of Woodland PTO and School Governance Council (SGC) supported our students and staff with mini-grants for
8. Our students experienced 175 aWESome instructional days!
Thank you for your continued partnership! Please mark your calendars for the upcoming Woodland ES important dates for the 2023-2024 school year.
· May 29, 2023 Memorial Day (office closed)
· June 1 – 16, 2023 New Student Online Registration (by appointment)
June 20- July 11, 2023 New Student Online Registration
July 11- August 2, 2023 New Student Online Registration (by appointment)
· August 3, 2023 Sneak Peak, 12:00pm – 3:30pm (meet your teacher)
· August 7, 2023 First Day of 2023-2024 School Year
Fulton County School Nutrition Serves Summer Meals
To meet the needs of our students & children in the community, the School Nutrition Program will continue to provide nutritious meals at locations across the district this summer. Woodland ES is one of the 37 sites.
· School Nutrition will provide breakfast and lunch at 37 school sites from June 5 through July 7. At all sites, student-favorite meals will be served at no cost to all enrolled Summer Learning students. 28 of these school sites qualify for the Seamless Summer Option (SSO), a USDA funded program that allows meals to be provided at no cost to the student or district. SSO also provides an opportunity for any child 18 or under to come to the site during the designated time to enjoy a free hot meal. Children do not need to be enrolled in Fulton County Schools to eat a free meal at the SSO sites.
· A listing of Fulton County School Nutrition SSO Summer Meal locations and community mealtimes are available at www.fcsnutrition.com.
Stay tuned to the Woodland Elementary School website and Friends of Woodland PTO website for any summer communications!
On behalf of the WES staff, we wish you a wonderful, relaxing, and safe summer!
Ms. Toomer, Principal