Garfield Re-2 News for our families
April 16, 2021
To celebrate National School Libraries Month, we asked our school librarians, and others, to share their book recommendations.
VOTE IN THE APRIL LIBRARY MADNESS BOOK BATTLES
Watch for more fun National School Library fun throughout April!
Congratulations to the Coal Ridge Titans Soccer team for their 9-0 season and their WSL Championship
Now taking Skinner Field. . . .
Former Rifle High School Softball Coach and counselor Cindy Skinner had the softball field at Deerfield Park officially named in her honor. She threw out the first pitch for the Colorado River Valley opening day. She still coaches in the CRV league. Congratulations Coach Skinner!
Rifle High School Soccer worked hard this season! Go Bears! These are images from their match-up with Glenwood Springs
Welcome class of 2034!!!
Kindergarten Registration is now open
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REGISTERING FOR KINDERGARTEN
- Full-day kindergarten and part-day slots available. Spaces will be full-time unless otherwise requested;
- Children must be five by October 1, 2021 to be enrolled in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year;
- When registering for school, parents should have the child's birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residence documents - this may include a utility bill, driver' s license, rental/lease agreement or property tax statement;
- You will be asked to make an appointment at your school to finish registration;
- Children currently enrolled in a Garfield Re-2 Pre-school program do not need to register for Kindergarten.
- Children with CMC Pre- School or any other pre-school should register online for their home attendance area school;
- All 2021-22 kindergarten students should be enrolled at their home attendance area school;
- If you would like to attend a Garfield Re-2 school OTHER than your home attendance area school, please submit an open enrollment application to the school you would like to attend by May 1.
Garfield Re-2 is now taking applications for Pre-School
Are you interested in preschool for your 3 or 4 year-old for the 2021-2022 school year?
Families in New Castle, Silt, and Rifle are invited to complete this online preschool application. Tuition and State-Funded slots are available. Completion of this application does not guarantee enrollment in preschool. The preschool director will contact you about the next steps, or you are welcome to contact the preschool directly.
Cactus Valley Elementary 665-7871
Elk Creek Elementary 665-6936
Graham Mesa Elementary 665-7540
Kathryn Senor Elementary 665-7674
Highland Elementary 665-6817
Wamsley Elementary 665-7966
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY FOR PRESCHOOL
- Please apply if you are interested in your child attending as a NEW preschooler, and your child did NOT attend a Garfield RE2 preschool last year
Children must be three or four on or before October 1, 2021. Children who are five on or before October 1st may enroll in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year;
After applying for preschool, you will be contacted by the preschool director, or you may contact the preschool directly. Families will be asked to complete additional preschool information and to provide the child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of address documents- this may include a utility bill, driver’s license, rent/lease agreement, or property tax statement;
All families should apply to their home attendance area school;
- If you would like to attend a Garfield RE2 preschool OTHER than your home attendance area preschool please submit an open enrollment application to the school you would like to attend.
UPDATED TESTING INFORMATION
STATE OF COLORADO COVID-19 TESTING PROGRAM
for All Colorado Residents
Quick and easy nasal swab testing at no cost to you
(CHOOSE A OR B)
A Pre-Register This option is to reduce wait time
Step 1: Provide your name, date of birth, and address to the site attendant. Additional information including
phone number, email, etc. will be required.
Step 2: The site attendant will help you complete the registration site form on-site.
Note: Double check the spelling of your name and your date of birth. This information must be
correct to receive the results.
Step 3: Upon completing the form you will receive an email with the Booking ID number.
B. Register On-Site This option will INCREASE your wait time.
Step 1: Visit: AffinityeCareColorado.com or scan the QR Code with your smartphone.
Step 2: Complete the registration form.
Rifle Middle School
753 Railroad Ave, Rifle, CO 81650
To support Colorado's boards of education, CASB established the Built to Serve campaign to encourage effective and representative school boards that meet the challenges of the diverse districts they represent. Learn more at the CASB website here.
April 20, 2021 District Accountability Zoom Information
Theresa Hamilton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: District Accountability meeting
Time: Apr 20, 2021 05:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Apr 20, 2021 05:30 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 4080 6924
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,85040806924#,,,,*871919# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,85040806924#,,,,*871919# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 850 4080 6924
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kXK4nYXoi
Re-2 In the News
High School Soccer Highlights from Thursday - Western Slope Now April 15
Cowboys snap losing streak- Gunnison County Times - April 15
Youthentity column: Experiential learning is career readiness (opinion) GPI April 13
Spartan football scores first touchdown of the season at Rifle - Mountain Mail April 12
Preps roundup: Grand Valley, Coal Ridge grab gridiron wins - GPI April 11
Fri. 4/16 Rifle Bears FB @ Glenwood (V) 7:00
Fri. 4/16 Coal Ridge Titans FB @ Steamboat Springs (V) 7:00
Sat. 4/17 Rifle Bears Soccer @ Glenwood Springs (V/JV) 11:00, 1:00
Mon. 4/19 Rifle Bears FB vs. Glenwood Springs (C/JV) 4:00, 6:00
Tues. 4/20 Coal Ridge Titans VB vs. Rifle (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Tues. 4/20 Rifle Bears VB @ Coal Ridge (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Wed. 4/21 CRHS Soccer Playoff Game TBA
Thurs. 4/22 Coal Ridge Titans VB vs. Aspen (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Thurs. 4/22 Rifle Bears VB vs. Basalt (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Fri. 4/23 Rifle Bears VB vs. Cedaredge (C/JV/V) 3:00, 4:00, 5:00
Fri. 4/23 Coal Ridge Titans FB vs. Aspen (V) 7:00
Sat. 4/24 Coal Ridge Titans VB @ Fruita (C/JV/V) 11:00, 12:00, 1:00
Sat. 4/24 Rifle Bears VB @ Gunnison (C/JV/V) 11:00,12:00,1:00
Unite to Stop the Spread
We are United to Stop the Spread of COVID-19. Show personal responsibility by taking these critical public health recommendations seriously and encourage your friends, neighbors, and family to do the same.
- Shrink your bubble
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep your distance
- Stay home if you are sick