Information/Vacation for Costa Rica
Costa Rica land and Climate Facts
- Costa Rica covers 19,730 miles and is just smaller than tha state of West Virginia.
- About half of this land if covered in multiple types of forests.
- More than 304.8 centimeters of rain fall throughout the year in the costal regions of southern Costa Rica.
- Different temperatures can be found in different elevations. In the lower areas, in is hot. Meseta Central: Moderate. In the mountains: Cool.
- Along the pacific, tropical plains are squished between the interior mountains and two peninsulas that jut into the ocean.
Costa Rica History/Government
- A variety of native people lived in present-day Costa Rica before Cloumbus, who later arrived in 1502.
- Costa Rica became a soverign nation in the the year 1838.
- It has the most stable democratic governments in central America
- Elections in 2010 installed the first woman president in Costa Rica, Laura Chinchilla.
- In 2007, Costa Rica said they have a goal to become the world's first carbon-neutral nation by 2021.
- Costa Rica means "rich coast", and was named by Christophers Colubus in 1502.
- Costa Rica became independent in 1821.
- Tourists are particularily drawn to Costa Rica's protected areas.
- Eco-tourism has grown alot in just a few years.
- Tourism facilities are well developed, so the industry is vital to the economy
- Exports include coffee, bananas, beef, sugar, cocoa, and fertilizer.
- Costa Rica is one of the largest banana producers in the world.
- Ornamental flowers are becoming increasingly important export.
- Industries include food processing, textiles, and construction materials.
- Manufacturing now contributes more to the economy that agriculture.
- A large amout of the country's people work in factories and manufacturing jobs.
Wealth there is evenly divided.
More money is spent on education than on the military.
The country has unmatched respect for freedom.
Money spent on:
Travel: $608.00 Two-People One Way
Lodging: $99.00 per night two prople
- Total- $1,077.00
- Total- $631.00
- Total- $549.00
- Total- $477.00
- Total- $596.00
- Total- $827.00
- COMPLETE TOTAL- $4,765.00
"Costa Rica." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2012. Web. 19 Nov 2012.
Farmer. 2003. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2012. Web. 19 Nov 2012
Bribri House. 2003. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2012. Web. 20 Nov 2012.
Volcán Arenal. 2003. Photograph. Collection of CultureGrams. ProQuest, 2012. Web. 20 Nov 2012.