St. George Episcopal Lower School
Just A Few Of The Things We Can Look Forward To This Semester!
- January 17 - Happy Birthday, Alison U.!
- January 18 - No school
- January 19 -
- January 20 - Faculty meeting at 3:30 p.m., Happy Birthday, Arlene!, Exploratory for Middle School - 4th and 5th lunch/recess schedules move up 5 minutes.
- January 21 -
- January 22 - School spelling bee at 8:40 a.m., Red carpool will be in the hallway and gathering area, Middle School dance 7-10 p.m.
- January 25 - Happy Birthday, Pedro!
Reminders and Things To Be Thinking About:
- Please be pulling together your Haiti units. I would like to have your plans in writing by Spring Break. Remember, Keith has offered to help with ideas if you need any. Because he has been to Haiti several times, he may be just the person to help you make your ideas more pertinent or meaningful.
- If you have students who are struggling, please make sure you are having conferences with parents. I am happy to attend any of these conferences. If you need to come and speak with me about any students you are having concerns about, please do so. More communication is always better than less.
- The Spelling Bee is coming up. Teachers, please make sure your students who are competing and their parents know the date and time of the spelling bee. It will be Friday, January 22 at 8:40 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- Middle school exploratory classes will again meet on Wednesday. We need to adjust our lunch times by 5 minutes for 4th and 5th grades; 4th will go to lunch from 12:05-12:30 and 5th will go from 12:10-12:35. Specialists will need to have 5th grade ready and lined up at 12:10. Teachers please make sure your classes are in the cafeteria at the assigned times because middle school will be in at 12:15. This will only be for 5 more Wednesdays. Because 4th will be coming in at 12:05 and 2nd does not leave until 12:10, 4th grade will need to sit at the three tables closest to the stage and closest to the courtyard.
- Classroom teachers - If you are using a specific behavior management plan with individual students, please send the specialists a note detailing the plan. Students who need this extra help also need consistency and, if we are using the same plan across all courses, it will be much more effective.
- Please make sure that you are always keeping your doors locked.
Some Great Things I Saw This Week:
- Many great ideas for summer classes and workshops for our new summer program. I am very pleased to see how many of you are offering opportunities for the kids this summer. There were many really interesting ideas proposed and I know that we are going to have a very successful first, full-fledged summer program.
- I have been bringing some programming, curriculum, and scheduling ideas to different grade levels and teachers and have been very grateful for your ideas and feedback. Thank you.
- Coming back from the holidays, everyone seemed to jump right back in and not miss a step. Wonderful work!