Reasons to make a change
11% of the 7.6 million deaths if children under 5
Water, sanitation, and hygene has the potential to prevent 6.3% of all deaths
An estamated 801,000 children younger than 5 years old perish from diarrea each year
- Thats 16 times more than the yankee stadium fills.
2200 children die a day due to poor water sources that have been poluted, poisoned and marked undrinkable.
In 2006 7 out of 10 people without access to improved water sources were in rural habitats.
We can make a change.
If we cared enough to recycle the objects that are commonly found in polluted waters and found safer places to dump chemicals, there would be a huge decline in death rate, there would also be more highly developed countries across the world. Povery would be low if everyone could get clean water.
dump chemicals in the water>>chemicals flow down the river killing peoples food sources and poisoning food sources>>a child's only sip of water comes from that river>> the child puts some water in a bucket and carries it home>> the child drinks some of his water then gives some to his friend>> both of the children begin to perish and the family try to save them through there life saving>>the kids die and leave family more broke than before
In order for us to solve water pollution we must make changes in our daily habits and give more attention to the types of products we consume, and where we put those products after use.
- Sewage homes, factories Sewage that is treated in water treatment plants is thrown away into the sea. Sewage can be more problematic when people flush chemicals and pharmaceutical substances down the toilet, sink or any other places that could lead to the ocean, rivers, or lakes.
- Littering items like cardboard, Styrofoam, aluminum, plastic and glass
- Oil Pollution mainly caused by oil spills from a boat or tankers.
- Burning fossil fuels into the air and atmosphere