Weekly Family Newsletter - Sept 6th 2021
Week 4 Message from our Principal, Ms. Limon
I hope everyone was able to enjoy the Labor Day holiday! Though this week will be a short one, there are some great things happening this week:
- Students will be MAP testing this week so please help them be ready to do their best by ensuring they get good sleep and nutrition. See below for more information.
- September is Attendance Awareness Month and DISD is celebrating Attendance Matters all month long. Students may wear special themed dress on Wednesdays in September. See the pics below for the themes and for information about recognizing Perfect Attendance.
- Rogers House Challenges are designed as an opportunity to work with your child as they develop their character. Look for more information about the challenges below.
- We are planning for upcoming parent events. Please see the "Upcoming" section below.
Also, as a reminder:
- School begins at 7:45 a.m. Students must get a tardy pass when arriving after 7:50 a.m.
- Please screen your students at home for COVID symptoms before sending them to school. If you have any questions, call our nurse, Ms. Herrington.
- Please help keep carpool running smoothly by following the guidelines below.
We are looking forward to another awesome week! We Are the Eagles, Watch Us Soar!
We need your help for Carpool!
- Make sure to stay in your car while in carpool. If you anticipate needing to get out of your car, please park on Lovers Lane.
- Please be patient about waiting in the carpool line. If you are finding that you are usually in a hurry every morning, then we ask you to add time to your morning routines.
- For afternoons, be aware that the school day technically ends at 3:15. We begin the dismissal process a bit early to ensure that all students are out by 3:15 with the younger students coming out earlier than older students. If you are picking up 3rd-5th students, please come right at 3:15 to give the other parents of only younger kids time to get through. That way you won't hold up the line waiting for your child to come out.
- Skipping people in line is not appropriate. We are a team and we want to model for our students what it looks like to treat others with respect.
Thank you so much for your help! If we operate as a community we can keep everyone safe and keep carpool moving efficiently. Construction will last through winter break so we appreciate your mindfulness and support.
Youth sizes: $10
Adult sizes: $12
Every month, we will have "House Challenges" where students can earn extra points for their house. These challenges can be done at home together, with siblings or other family members. Students can complete ANY challenge on the board, regardless of which house they belong to! Challenges can be submitted HERE using this Google Form or emailed to Ms. Rich. Access challenges HERE!
Please email Ms. Rich at amyrich@dallasisd if you have any further questions!
We are so excited to get started with our campus reading incentive program,
Rogers Reads! The purpose of the program is to encourage our students to read on a
daily basis by setting weekly and monthly goals. Please do your best to encourage
your student to read! Students will set monthly and weekly goals. Students will be using
a reading log to track minutes from their teacher. Below is a breakdown of the
incentives as well as questions you can ask to engage with your child about their
reading. Happy reading!
PTO Meeting 1
Thursday, Sep. 9th, 5:30pm
Location Upon RSVP
Thank you for your interest in joining our first PTO meeting of the year! Please RSVP below for planning purposes.
In order to accomodate the needs of our families, we are offering two meeting options:
1. In-person held at our PTO president's residence located within a mile of the school (location emailed upon confirmation).
2. Virtual forum via Zoom. Click HERE for the zoom link.
Please RSVP using this LINK
We look forward to seeing you!
Coffee with the Counselor and Title I Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 15th, 8:30am
This is an online event.
Meet the Admin Team & Title I Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 22nd, 5pm
This is an online event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 0541 2145
DISD helping families get FREE internet
No Visitors at this time
Effective Tuesday, August 10, to protect staff and students from the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant of the coronavirus, Dallas ISD is temporarily requiring all staff, students and visitors to wear masks when on district property.
The announcement comes as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Dallas County Health officials have raised the COVID-19 alert to level red and reported that hospitalizations are rising at the fastest rate since the pandemic began, among all age groups, including children. Students under 12 are not eligible for a vaccine, however, school attendance is mandatory, and virtual learning is not an option at this time.
In keeping with the top priority of safeguarding the health and well-being of staff and students, the district will continue to provide masks and sanitizer at district facilities and will continue contact tracing.
Governor Abbott’s order does not limit the district’s rights as an employer and educational institution to establish reasonable and necessary safety rules for its staff and students. Dallas ISD remains committed to the safety of our students and staff.
We still have space in PK!
General Attendance Agreement
Every year, Dallas ISD asks parents to complete an official attendance notification and truancy pledge. Previously this form has been provided by the campus but, this year, parents can complete this form online. Please click here to complete the required form. You will need your child's Student Number and Parent Access ID. Call the office if you need help with this information.
Parents/Guardians can monitor student attendance records via Parent Portal on an ongoing basis.
September is Attendance Awareness Month!
Rogers Parent and Family Interest Survey
Box Tops are HERE!!
Uniform Assistance Program
Please reach out to our community liaison, Amy Rich at email@example.com, if you are in need of uniform assistance.