By Olivia and Tori
Examples of stress
Examples of physical stress:
- Making your heartbeat and breath faster
- Making you sweat more
- Cold hands and feet
- tightening of muscles or tense muscles
Examples of emotional stress:
- Interfering your judgement (making bad decisions)
- seeing difficult situations as threatening
- reducing enjoyment and making you feel bad
- Anxious, frustrated, or mad
- Making you feel rejected, unable to laugh, and not willing to discuss your problems with others.
Jaycee Lee Dugar
She was kidnapped at the age of 11 by Phillip Garrido and his wife, Nancy Gurrido. They held her captive for 18 years before she was found and reunited with her family. Through this experience her captors made it really hard for her to hold on to many things, they lied to her and told her that her family didn't care about her and they took everything that she owned accept for one ring she kept hidden from them for a whole 18 years.
HOW DID SHE COPE?
- Wore a Pine Cone necklace that represented her last memories before she was taken away.
- Thoughts of her mother
- Moonlight helped her anxiety because of what her and her mom talked about how they loved the moon.
- Kept a diary/journal to write down her thoughts and what was going on.
- She drifted off to a happy place while she was being raped or in misery.
How To Relieve Stress
- Writing in a journal/diary
- Listening to soothing music
- Drinking Tea
- Going to Therapy if stress is severe
- Interacting with people and being social
- Having a hobby
- Going to a "happy place"