Why 16 is too Young to Drive
I would also like to take into consideration some facts about teen driving:
- 16 year olds have a higher crash rate than any other age
- 56% admitted to talking on the phone while driving
- 33% of the cause deaths of teenagers is fatal car accidents
- Statistics have shown that each passenger highers the death rate when a 16 or 17 year old is driving
These facts show one the result of inexperienced drivers and how harmful they can be.
- Learning stage: this stage includes supervised driving, cumulating with a driving test
- Intermediate stage: this stage includes limited unsupervised driving in high risk situations
- Full privilege stage: a normal driver's license
By putting these laws into place, it will ease drivers into the process of getting their license. Although some people may think it is a pain, it could save thousands of lives and could make the roads a lot safer.
All information from: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/license_laws.html