The Jag News
FM9 Student-Led News Source-December 13, 2016
Lovepacs Supports Local Families
Help local families in need this holiday season. Lovepacs is sponsoring a donation drive for food items - please make sure that all canned food donated are the easy open pop top cans. Check out the list of specific items posted here and bring your donations to Ms. Killough’s room (9118) all week. Donations will be collected through December 16. Make a difference to Flower Mound families in need. For more information, be sure to check out the website at lovepacs.org.
Time to Rally the Jaguar Nation
Your Jaguar football team needs your help! Two of our very own Flower Mound Jaguars are up for awards! The winners are selected by voting, so we encourage everyone to spread the word and vote!
Nominee for WFAA Defensive Player of the Year
- Junior Linebacker Connor Lee
- Voting ends at noon FRIDAY, and you can vote as many times per day as you want. The link to vote is: http://www.wfaa.com/sports/2016-wfaa-defensive-player-of-the-year/368682734
- VOTE - REFRESH - REPEAT!!
Nominee for Dave Campbell's Texas Football Star Team
- Senior Kicker Josh Grant
- Voting runs through December 31st, and you can vote once per day. The link to vote is: http://www.texasfootball.com/subwaysuperteam/
- VOTE DAILY!!
Let’s stuff the ballot box with votes ... GO JAGS!!!
Spanish Club Meeting
The Poinsettia is the Christmas Flower that decorates homes and businesses during the holidays. Do you know that the Poinsettia originally came from Mexico? Dr. Joel Poinsett brought these beautiful red plants back from Mexico to the US in 1825 and they were named after him. Spanish Club Members, don’t miss the best party of the year this Thursday, Dec. 15. Come hungry for an authentic Mexican Christmas dinner of tamales, beans, Mexican hot chocolate and lots of desserts.
Jaguar Sports and Spirit Calendar
- 4:30pm - JV1 girls Basketball vs. Byron Nelson @ Byron Nelson HS
- 4:30pm - FM9A boys Basketball vs. Northwest @ FMHS Arena
- 6pm - JV1 boys Basketball vs. Northwest @ FMHS Navy Gym
- 6pm - Varsity girls Basketball vs. Byron Nelson @ Byron Nelson HS
- 7:30pm - FM9A girls Basketball vs. Byron Nelson @ Byron Nelson HS
- 7:30 - Varsity boys Basketball vs. Northwest @ FMHS Arena
Hot Chocolate Add-ins
You can crush candy canes and put them in your hot chocolate or you can put a whole one in on the side.
Get Jet-Puffed marshmallow fluff, and let it melt into the hot chocolate.
Add in your favorite coffee creamer for a new taste in hot chocolate.
This holiday twist can turn your ordinary hot chocolate into a festive eggnog white hot chocolate. If you think the eggnog is too sweet, try adding more instant powder or milk.
Add as much Nutella as you want while the hot chocolate is still very hot and wait for the nutella to melt a little to stir.
You can either melt caramel candy or get Hershey's caramel syrup then drizzle it on top.