Trojan Staff News
Week of November 7-November 11
Brad's Weekly Message
Monday, November 7th from 10:45 – 11:26
Counselors will be meeting with current sophomores on Monday, November 7th from 10:45 – 11:26
- Students with last names beginning A-Gi will be in the café annex.
- Students with last names Gj – O will be in the library atrium.
- Students with last name P-Z will be in the auditorium.
Please help us by sending the students to the correct location. Also, if you have sophomores for HR, or no students for HR, please accompany them.
Calendar Committee Survey - Complete before Wednesday, November 9
Survey Link: https://forms.gle/KfmDoXHpGbHWk2L88
Wednesday, November 9th - Early Release Schedule
From 1:00 – 2:00 PM, Certified Staff, here are the tasks you are to complete on your own:
- Read pages 97 – 106 in your Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain book by Zaretta Hammond (this was the book given out last year for returning teachers and this year to new teachers).
- Fill out the Two-Column Journal while you read. A copy of the double entry journal is in your mailbox.
- Write at least one discussion question from the reading to use during a Socratic Seminar which will occur during the Plan Period Meetings on Thursday, November 10.
From 2:00 - 3:00 PM attend Common Course Meetings:
- During your Common Course Meetings, please click here to fill out this survey about Focused Notes.
- This will take you 2 minutes or less to complete.
- Your input will help the AVID Site Team determine next steps with training and support.
Thursday, November 10th - Plan Period PD
- Your Culturally Responsive Teaching & the Brain book
- Your completed double entry journal
- Writing Utensil
- Your laptop
Location: Library North Classroom
Times (calendar invites will be sent so you can add it to your calendar as a reminder):
- 1st Block 8:00 - 9:00 AM
- 2nd Block 9:30 - 10:30 AM
- 3rd Block 12:00 - 1:00 PM (eat lunch first)
- 4th Block 1:30 - 2:30 PM
- After School* 3:05 - 4:05 PM
*If you are present at school on this day and don't attend during your plan period session, then you must attend the after school session.
**If you are absent this day, there will be an in-person make-up session to attend.
Friday, November 11 - Veteran's Day Assembly
NEE Student Surveys - November 7-22
Native American Heritage Month
November is Native American Heritage Month! It’s a time to celebrate the rich histories, diverse cultures, and significant contributions of our nation’s first people. Interior works to honor the nation’s trust responsibilities and special commitments to American Indians and Alaska Natives. (U.S. Department of Interior). Check out the counseling department's bulletin board highlighting important Native American people.
Each year the students and staff at Park Hill High School invite Veterans from our families, community, and region to be our guests in our school for a Veterans Day recognition.
Our school assembly will be held on Friday, November 11th.
Please feel free to invite any family members, neighbors, or friends who are currently serving or who have served in the military service and who might like to attend!
If you plan to attend we would love for you to send via email a photo of you during your military service. Send emails to Lorrie Kopp - email@example.com
To RSVP or with any other questions please call Lorrie Kopp at 816-359-6086.
First Term Finals Schedule
HOBY nominations are now open
Please encourage any sophomores with leadership potential to apply for this leadership seminar. The Google form/application link will be posted in Schoology in the Class of 2025 group (https://forms.gle/pvvcnbyvFYVvHopM9.
Below is an explanation of what HOBY is and what kind of students to look for from https://hobymo.org/:
The HOBY Missouri State Leadership Seminar is designed to help high school sophomores recognize their leadership talents and apply them to become effective, ethical leaders in their homes, school, workplace, and community.
Selected students attend our three-day seminar where they participate in hands-on leadership activities, meet leaders in their state, and explore their own personal leadership skills – all while learning how to lead others and make a positive impact in their community.
The seminar curriculum develops leadership from three perspectives: Personal Leadership, Group Leadership, and Leadership for Society.
Applications are due by November 16, 2022
By the Numbers
Finish the Lyrics Series
Trojan of the Week
Congratulations to Tiffany Thomas on being selected as our Trojan of The Week!!! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you!!
Helpful PHHS Staff Information
Click the link below to access the following information:
- Difference between Dialing 0, *77 and 911
Student of the Day Nominations
Please submit your nominations to Danette. Remember to include one of the 3 expectations (Respectful, Responsible, Resilient) into your nomination.
Also, don't forget those students that work outside of school that you receive great service from!
Technology Resources for Staff
Blake LaFever - 6115
Mitchell Bunnell - 6333
How to Request Support
It is our utmost priority to make sure you get the technology assistance and service you need. To receive the fastest possible response, please request support by:
- Entering a Help Desk ticket at https://helpdesk.parkhill.k12.mo.us or through the Application Portal.
- Starting a chat online with a live Help Desk Support Specialist (Available where you submit tickets).
- Calling the Help Desk at 816-359-5000 (or x5000 from a district phone) Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Any of these options will notify your TSS of your incident or request and they will work to resolve your issue as quickly as possible or send additional support.
Below is a link to the Technology help websites. You can also use the resources in the PHHS Digital Hub in the Professional Learning folders.
Please sign out anytime you leave the building - if you are leaving for an outside appt you will also need to put it in WillSub.