Squire Scroll August
Joni L. Bown Principal
August 22nd- August 26th
Please help us reach our goal of 100% teacher and community participation!
Upcoming Events and Information
- STAR Testing will be completed during 1st block all week
- Interim Reports go home on August 31st
- Student must wear a Sneed ID daily. Replacements are $5.00 and may be purchased in the media center between the hours of 7:45 AM and 8:20 AM daily
- Association of Parents and Teachers and Title I meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria
APT and Title I Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 6pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Student Ambassador Applications are ready for distribution; students please pick them up in Mrs. Watson's room # 118 between 7:45 AM and 8:20 AM.
Email Ms. Watson if you have any questions @ email@example.com
Upcoming Events and Information
- Replacement Student IDs may be purchased between 7:45 AM- 8:20 AM daily in the Media Center (every student must wear and ID)
- August 31st Student Interim Report Cards issued for Q1 (School goal is for 100% of our students to pass every class)
- APT Board Meeting August 16th at 5 PM in the conference room
- Title I, CSI and APT meeting is August 16th at 5:30 PM in the Sneed Media Center. Please plan of joining us; we need all of our families to have an active voice in our school!
- September 5th Labor Day (holiday for students and staff)
Fire Drill and Lockdown Drill
Upcoming events this Week at Sneed
- Every student must wear a school-issued ID at all times around their neck (if your student has not been issued one, please know we will issue them one promptly).
- Students are not allowed on the courtyard without a school-issued ID.
- Every student is being coached on how to navigate our one-way and two-way hallways
- LinkIt testing begins this Tuesday, August 9th.
- Students may eat a hot breakfast between 7:45 AM and 8:30 PM daily in the cafeteria.
- Students who do not want to eat school breakfast will be seated in the gym and may prepare for their school day.
- All students are dismissed from breakfast to 1st block at 8:30 AM and dismissed from 5th block at 3:30 PM.
- Car riders must be picked up by 4:00 PM. If you can not be here by 4:00 PM we are happy to place your student on a bus.
Safe at Sneed
Florence 1 Schools has worked diligently to ensure our students are safe at school! A few of our procedures for enhanced safety include:
- Limiting the number of exterior doors used
- Checking all exterior doors regularly to ensure they are locked and secured
- Students will wear school-issued Identification at all times
- Students are required enter the building through the metal detector
- Limiting visitors
- All classroom doors remain closed and locked
- Students and Staff members will not open the door for anyone, or leave any doors propped open
- 'Ignore The Door' signs are posted
- Security cameras in use
- Monthly emergency drills
- Monthly school emergency/security team meetings (Principal and Students, Principal and Staff)
- Emergency notification system connected to local law enforcement
- School Resource Officer on school grounds
Parents & visitors will not be allowed to visit classrooms or have lunch with students on a regular basis. We will host events in which parents will be invited to attend; however, safety is our first priority and these events will be planned, prepared, and organized in advance.
We ask that lunch only be delivered on special occasions and that appointments are made if you wish to meet with a member of our faculty or staff. No food delivery is allowed on school grounds.
Should you wish to volunteer in our school, please sign up with our Association of Parents and Teachers during Orientation and complete the required background check located on our district website. You will be asked to present your current volunteer card when arriving to volunteer. Volunteer opportunities are scheduled by a member of our faculty, in advance.
Should you have any questions, please call Mrs. Bown at 843-758-6793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast and Lunch Fees
Nationwide waivers allowing free meals for all students has expired. As a result, we must return to charging for breakfast and lunch and only allowing free or reduced-price meals to students who qualify for those benefits.
Please keep the following information for your reference.
If you would like to complete the Free and Reduced Application: https://www.lunchapplication.com/