Camps, Adventure Programs, Family Programs + so much more!
June - Time to Kick off Summer!
- Football Mini-Camp (grades 9-12) - Work with SLP Coaches on fundamentals, techniques and schemes.
- Dance Team Parade Workshop (grades 7-12) - Focus on technique, learn a routine and perform at the Tower Days Parade.
- Dance Camps (grades 7-12) - This summer, students have several camp options to focus on technique, combinations and routines.
- Youth Track Club (grades 1-9) - This camp will introduce your athlete to the world of Track and Field.
- Boys Basketball Skills Academy (grades 1-12) - Work on individual and team fundamentals of offensive and defensive basketball with the emphasis on having fun and improving as a player.
- Girls Lacrosse Skills Development Camp (grades 8-12) - Take your lacrosse skills to the next levels. All abilities welcome.
- Strength & Speed Camp (grades 6-12) - Improve agility, speed and strength. Get stronger and faster under SLPHS Coaching staff.
- Tennis Camp (grades 6-12) - Techniques, fundamentals as well as match play and games. All abilities welcome as players will be grouped into skill levels.
STEM and Outdoor Adventures:
- Junior Engineering (grades K-3) - Join us to explore, investigate and solve problems while learning about simple machines' engineering building blocks.
- Elementary Engineering (grades 3-6) - Unlock your inner Engineer! This exciting engineering class combines LEGO® Education and LEGO® Technic™ materials to explore machines by building realistic motorized and non-motorized models.
Summer Adventure Series - Canoeing and Fishing at Silverwood Park (grades 6-8) - Each participant will get two hours learning how to canoe and two hours learning how to fish.
Jump into July
- Girls Volleyball Camp (grades 3-6) -Volleyball Camp is designed to teach young players basic skills in volleyball. Led by our SLPHS Varsity Head Coach.
- Boys Lacrosse Summer Clinic (grades 7-12) - Camp for all incoming high school players who will focus on the development of individual and team skills.
- Summer Archery Camp (grades 4-9) - An introduction to this fast-growing sport.
- Girls Basketball Camp (grades 1-9) - Basketball Camp led by SLPHS Varsity Coach will focus on skills and fundamentals for all levels.
- Summer Soccer Camp (grades 1-6) - Professional coaching staff will teach soccer fundamentals and provide lots of games and scrimmages for all participants.
Arts & STEM:
- Lego Robotics - Toy Adventures (grades K-5) - Build your favorite toys using Lego WeDo robotics and code to make them come to life.
- Drawing Art Workshop - Cooking & Baking (grades 1-5) - Young chefs and artists will join forces to cook up one of the tastiest workshops yet! Learn to illustrate the things we all love to eat.
- Beginning Band Camp (grades 5-6) - Learn all of the instrument basics! Individual and small group instruction and full band rehearsals with SLP band teachers.
August - Last Chance at Summer
- 3D Printing & CAD (grades 3-6) - This program takes students through the 3D printing process from start to finish. Ideal for students who like to draw, design, imagine and see their creations come to life.
- Video Production for YouTube (grades 5-9) - Shoot videos, edit sound and create an online presence with YouTube.
- Intro to Horse Riding (grades 4-12) - Includes a one hour trail ride and full barn tour.
- Summer Adventure Series - Archery at Elm Creek Park (grades 6-8) - Shoot a compound bow, learn range safety, develop proper technique and more.
Summer Adventure Series - Rock Climbing at Vertical Endeavors (grades 6-8) - Participants will get to explore the bouldering and auto-belay routes.
Last Week Before School
- Drawing Art Workshop - STEAMin' Up Summer (grades 1-6) - This five day workshop is filled with new ways to explore Science, Technologies, Engineering, Math (STEAM) while creating awesome art!
- Lego Robotics - City Shapers (grades 1-6) - Students will build the city in which they want to live using imagination and creativity.
- Mini Cake Fondant Decorating - May 21
- Taylors Falls Scenic Boat Tour - Father's Day Weekend, June 17
- Three Month Family Adventures at Silverwood Park starting on June 25
- Kayaking on the St. Croix River - June 30
- Reptile Adventure at Springbrook Nature Center - July 16
- Saints Game Family Outing - July 17. Transportation provided!
- Barn Quilt Painting - Create a beautiful barn quilt pattern on a 14x14 reclaimed wood pallet.
- Learn to Kayak - Learn how to paddle on White Bear Lake. Expect to enjoy the nature and serenity around you.
- Glass Mosaics - Create a beautiful photo frame or sign. Just come with your creativity.
- Healthy Eating for One or Two - Batch cooking, shopping tips and how to plan meals for one or two people all with healthy food options.
- Making Kombucha at Home - Learn how to make this fermented tea beverage at home.
- Meal Prep Made Easy - Learn how to optimize your budget for healthy meals, prepping and batch cooking tips, kitchen organization and basic culinary skills.
- Tennis Camp - Designed for the beginner or returning player. Program is developed for busy adults looking to learn quickly in a fun and enthusiastic setting.
- Intro to Bonsai Workshop - This hands-on course will take away the mystique of the ancient art of Bonsai and show you how to create, maintain and shape your tree.
Classic Movie Tuesdays
Join us at the SLPHS Fine Arts Center on the second Tuesday of each month this summer for a free matinee theater experience! Each month will feature a different Hollywood classic from the 40s and 50s, an era filled with some of the greatest films ever made! This program is intended for an adult audience and is free for ages 55+. Concessions will be available for purchase. Registration required.
- Tuesday, June 14
- Tuesday, July 12
- Tuesday, August 9
Looking ahead to Fall 2022
Child Care - avoid the wait list and register today for the 2022-2023 school year
Learning Ventures Child Care provides before and after school care for students in grades K-6. Our certified program provides enriching educational and recreational programming. Learn more here.
3 & 4 Year Old Discovery Days Child Care
Our families and children love our 3 & 4 year old Discovery Days Child Care program. Learning through play with friends! Our new facilities at Centerview and the District Services Center are clean, bright, large and convenient.
- World-class facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- An affordable option
- Direct connection to kindergarten in Spring Lake Park Schools
- Licensed teachers
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided