Tuesday Tech Tips
A little tech goes a long way!
The Ninja Academy is BACK! Are YOU up for the Challenge?
Go to classroom. google.com to join the Google Classroom. Once you access the class, you will see a plus (+) sign in the upper right hand corner. Click the sign and choose to join a class. The class code for the Ninja Academy is 4cop8j.
Once you enter the code, you will be enrolled in the class. You will notice that there is a test and video tutorials for each belt. The videos are there to help familiarize you with the particular app. Once you are ready to take the test, just click on the link for the Google Form and take the test. There is also a link to the leaderboard. Just like last year, you can take the tests as many times as need be.
Additional content will be rolled out each week until the Black Belt is added.
If you have difficulty accessing Google Classroom, please email Lonny Harper.
FAQs about the Google Ninja Academy
2. How many times can I take the test? As many times as you need to get the score you need or want.
3. My score on the leaderboard is not changing. What is wrong? The leaderboard only shows the highest score you have made on a quiz. It will not change unless you score higher.
4. How do I get to the leaderboards? The leaderboard link is in the Google Classroom toward the top where you find the training materials as well as the quizes. You can also access it on the about page in the Google Classroom. Here is the link just in case you need it. https://sites.google.com/a/gscs.org/griffin-spalding-ninja-training/home/leaderboards-2015-2016
5. Will we get PLUs for the Google Ninja Academy? Yes, we will let you know when it's time to sign up for the course.
6. If I started the academy last year, but did not finish, can that coursework be rolled over to this year? Unfortunately, no.
7. If I am taking a quiz on Google Calendar, can I have my calendar open to help me?
Yes, we want you to use the apps and explore as you are learning. This goes for any of the tests. Open the app on which you are testing and try out what the question asks!
8. I can't see the videos! What can I do? Make sure you are signed into YouTube with your GSCS account. Look in the upper right hand corner of the page, and click the blue 'Sign in' button.
Game design requires creativity, logic, perseverance, and problem-solving – all essential life skills. It has the added bonus of being fun. If you are not familiar with some of the more common game design resources available for students, this page will give you some places to start.