GRASSY CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL August 28, 2020
TIPS TO ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO WEAR A FACE MASK:
- Talk about it - Empower them by sharing how wearing a face mask gets them involved in the fight against COVID-19. Remember, wearing a face mask helps to slow the spread of the virus!
- Make sure you are wearing a face mask, too - this will let your child know they are not alone and that you, too, are doing your part to slow the spread of the virus.
- Put a face mask on their favorite stuffed animal or toy - share photos of other kids wearing a mask. Showing kids like them or having their favorite toy wear a face mask will help to normalize this change.
- Remind them not to touch their masks - keeping hands away from their face will help prevent the transfer of germs from hard surfaces to their masks.
- Washing hands is key to slowing the spread - encourage your child to wash their hands before applying and removing their mask.
Special Reminders from Nurse Springer
In order for our school to be in compliance with the state laws regarding immunizations, please make sure that your student(s) have their updated information on file with Mrs. Springer. All student vaccines must be on file and up to date by September 21, 2020 to avoid exclusion. Letters were sent home with in-person students and mailed to the home for virtual students this week. Please make Mrs. Springer aware of any upcoming appointments for vaccines, or if there are any medical or religious objections to your student receiving his or her vaccines
Also, PLEASE inform Mrs. Springer of any chronic health conditions that the school should be made aware of, and that your student's medical emergency information is up to date.
School District Publication / News Media Use
VIRTUAL STUDENT UPDATES
For the 2020-2021 school year, Warren Township has transitioned to a new student information system called Synergy allowing our parents and caregivers to have improved access to school information through the parent portal called ParentVUE. We are aware that at his time some students’ attendance records are reflecting students are absent, when in fact they were present. This is mostly the case for our students who are attending school VIRTUALLY on application days or in the VIRTUAL opinion full-time. We want to assure you that teachers are keeping accurate attendance records and that we are working to correct attendance records for all our students.
Virtual Instructional Guide and Weeks At-A-Glance
Black Cohort (A-K) Grades 2-6
Mondays and Wednesdays: Direct Instruction Day
Tuesday and Wednesdays: Application Day
Gold Cohort (L-Z ) Grades 2-6
Tuesdays and Thursdays: Direction Instruction Day
Monday and Wednesday: Application Day
Black Cohort and Gold Cohort Grades 2-6
Fridays: Academic Enrichment Days
Friday Academic Enrichment Days are designed to ensure there is more feedback and attention to student needs as well as creating increased opportunities for student and family support. Student experiences on Friday Academic Enrichment Day will include a playlist; however, will provide more opportunities for enrichment, reflection and targeted supports for students. Please visit MSD Warren’s Virtual Instructional Guide and Weeks At-A-Glance to learn more.
- Opportunities for feedback
Onboarding new students and families
Targeted small group
Communication to families and caregivers
Student & Family Support
- Personalized playlists
- Application of knowledge
- Skill building activities
- Enrichment activities
- Digital applications
- Reflection & Feedback
We encourage you to reach out to your child's teacher anytime! Please use this link from our school website to find email addresses and extensions. We want to partner with you!