The Friday Feature!
News and Notes for the Madison Staff (11/13/15)
I know I will inadvertently forget some folks that did important things to make these big days happen, because the Madison staff is so good at just jumping in and filling voids when they arise! But, I do want to thank a few:
- Thanks MJ for welcoming our Vets and making them feel so welcome and appreciated!
- Thanks Javier for the incredible work load in getting us ready for Vets parking, Vets assembly, coin assembly, MCD assembly, and all the extra set-ups involved in MCD!
- Thanks Jamie for jumping at the need to clean up vomit as our honored Vets came walking up the LLC ramp! YUCK!!
- Thanks Kathy D for organizing all of the Vet classroom visits and set up needs for all of these crazy events!
Mid-Year Local Assessments
The mid-year testing window is December 1-January 14. Please note the following changes to save printing time and costs:
- Test directions will be printed back-to-back on yellow paper.
- Test answers will be printed back-to-back on colored paper separated from directions.
- Tests will be printed back-to-back on white paper.
Reminder: 2nd Grade only tests addition.
EXCITING DOT UPDATES!
- Our new building tech's name is Steven.
- New printers are being installed here in November!
- New copier will be installed over Winter Break!
- Before Winter Break, wireless access points are being installed inside every 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classroom!
- More classroom wireless access points coming to primary grades next year!
- Future Steps: Laptop carts replaced with Chromebook (or similar) carts.
- Future Steps: Multiple devices designated to each classroom.
- Future Steps: There are some creative and feasible solutions to securing wireless access for Marian Park and other apartment buildings in D200.
Community Engagement Meeting on December 2!
Tue, Nov 17: Specialist grades to Classroom teachers
Wed, Nov 18: 8:15AM Staff Meeting (Julie Oziemkowski)
Thu, Nov 19: 12PM PTA Meeting
Fri, Nov 20: Report Cards go home
Tue, Dec 1: Local Assessment window opens
Wed, Dec 2: 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Wed, Dec 2: 7PM Community Engagement meeting https://goo.gl/2l5si5
Wed, Dec 9: 8:30AM MIT
Fri, Dec 11: 9:30AM Edison Band and Orchestra performance
Tue, Dec 15: 7PM Winter Concert
Wed, Dec 16: 8:30AM Staff Meeting
Mon, Jan 11: ACCESS testing for EL begins
Wed, Jan 13: 7:30PM BOE Meeting at Madison
Thu, Jan 14: Local Assessment window closed (all spreadsheets in)
Fri, Feb 12: ACCESS testing window closed