The Colt Classified
October 1, 2018
Teacher In-service Day- October 8th
Spirit Store Orders are Due Tomorrow
Attendance is Important to Student Success
The school's attendance policy states, " Ordinarily, a student may not receive credit for a class unless the student is in attendance for at least ninety per cent (90%) of the days the class is offered. Promotion or credit may be jeopardized if a student misses more than eighteen (18) days, excused or unexcused (10% of the school year)." and can be found on pages 15 and 16 of the Parent/Student Handbook.
Thank you for helping us to ensure your child's success!
Guided Reading Checks for Understanding
Through discussions, teachers help readers:
- communicate their thoughts
- make personal connections
- think critically
- use text evidence to support their responses.
Fall Family Night is this Friday!
Bring money for hamburgers/hotdogs, chips and drinks!
Hot dog/drink/chips = $5
Hamburger/drink/chips = $6
Chips = $1/bag
Bring your blankets/pillows for your comfort during the movie! We will not set up chairs! It will be picnic style but without the heat, rain, or mosquitos!
SIGN UP NOW! We still have opportunities for sign-up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4cafaa23a31-fall1
Kindergartners Enjoy Colorful STREAM Lessons!
Coming Together for Steps for Students
Last Chance! Double up on Box Tops Sweepstakes!
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Joe Patrick's father (choir)
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Joe Nguyen, father of Tiffany (6th)
- For the speedy recovery of Connie Selby, daughter-in-law of Ms. Selby
- For God's healing of Michaela and Alisia, aunts of Alex Stevens (7th)
Barnes and Noble Book Fair
Tuesday, Oct. 2nd, 4-8pm
3003 West Holcombe Boulevard