First Grade Footnotes
Florence Elementary, Week 4, September 15, 2014
Theme of the Week: Matter
Thank you for coming to Parent Orientation! I am looking forward to a great year with you and your child!
**Our first book order is due Monday, September 29.**
Here is a link to our Scholastic Book Club
Areas of Concentration…
- Short a
- Problem/Solution in a story
- Writing complete sentences/personal narratives
- Addition/Problem Solving
- Authority figures/U.S. and Texas pledges
Dates to Remember...
- Sept. 22 - PTA/Art Night @ 6:15 p.m.
- Sept. 24 - Fall Pictures
- Sept. 25 & 26 - Grandparents’ Day
- Sept. 29 - Book Orders Due
- Oct. 3 - End of first six weeks/early release at noon
Character Quality for September: Responsibility/Good Citizenship
- Reading-Please read daily with your child for at least 15 mins.
- Math-Continue to practice combining 2 groups of objects (less than 20 total) and then count how many objects there are in all.
- Please check your child’s folder each day for valuable work and information. Remember to initial each day.
- Water bottles are allowed.
- Lunch prices: $2.55 for students and $3.30 for adults
IMPORTANT TIMES TO REMEMBER…