MVHS Media Center Newsletter - January 2016
PASSES TO THE LIBRARY
- Students entering the library must have a pass.
- Students can come to the library before school, during lunch, and after school without a pass. Hours are 7:45am-3:45pm.
- During SRT, students must have a pass to come to the library and sign out of their assigned SRT. Students should leave their assigned SRT with enough time to get to the library before the SRT bell rings. Please limit each student to two passes per week.
- If a student requests a pass from you to go to the library during study hall, you can write a pass. The student will show this to the study hall supervisor, sign out, then come to the library.
- Some study hall students have permanent passes to the library for their study hall (not SRT) time. The roster was shared with staff through a Google doc. These students should not be marked absent by the teacher/sub supervising study hall as the library staff will take attendance for these students.
GROWING THE LIBRARY COLLECTION FOR YOU!
- Is there a book or DVD that would be a benefit to your lesson plans? If the answer is "Yes!" email me the title, author, ISBN, and I'll see if I can get it.
- Are there books that would be a benefit to student research projects? if the answer is "Yes!" email me research topics, and I'll see what I can find.
PROJECTS VS. PBL
This is a great graphic that illustrates the difference between doing a project at the end of a unit and Project Based Learning. Have you thought about the difference between the two? Which are you doing in your classrooms?
--From the New Tech Network
STAFF BOOK CLUB - JOIN US!
Goals for the 2015-2016 School Year
- Provide students and staff with instruction and resources that reflect the current information needs and anticipate changes in technology and education.
- Collaborate with educators and students to design and teach engaging learning experiences that meet individual needs.
- Promote the school library program.
Alyson Zelencik is a certified School Librarian (grades K-12) who is in her 2nd year of being the Media Specialist at Mt. Vernon High School. Prior to that, she taught English for 12 years.
She is a member of The Association of Indiana School Library Educators (AISLE) an association of the Indiana Library Federation (ILF). She coaches the high school English Academic Super Bowl team and Spell Bowl team. And, she helps mentor new teachers. Alyson also serves on the board for the Fortville-Vernon Township Public Library.