Hello From Ms. Trip
June 18, 2018
Where to Start?
- On the left side of your page you should see several icons when you log onto Canvas. You can access our course either through the Dashboard or the Courses icon.
- Once you have selected our course it will take you to our Psychology Course homepage where there are both tabs to the left of your screen and icons under Course Quick Links.
- Every day you want to start by accessing our daily lesson either with the Announcements tab on the left or through the Daily Announcements under the icon in quick links. At the homepage you will also find the 3 latest announcements for quick access. There is lots of good information in these daily announcements to help you be successful in our course.
- To access the notes, assignments, and tests for our course you want to select the Modules tab on the left or the Modules under the quick links icon.
- We will work on one module at a time and we will start with the Getting Started Module. All items must be completed before moving on to Module 1.
- Once you have completed assignments you can look for the grade under the Grades tab to the left.
- Under the quick links you will find the NCVPS Virtual Support link. If you are having technical problems with Canvas such as not being able to submit work, log in issues, etc. please submit a Help Desk ticket to get support from the technicians. Make sure to include that you are part of Amanda Tripolone’s Summer Psychology Section 03 Course. Also, please be sure to keep me updated on any technical issues and Help Desk tickets you submit.
- If you need help within our course or have questions and want a tutor please feel free to use the NCVPS Peer Tutoring link under quick links. Here you will find amazing students just like you that can help answer questions and tutor you for free! You can also sign up for a Virtual Buddy that can help you with other areas such as organizations, scheduling and keeping on pace with your online course(s).
When are assignments due?
- Under the Course Documents link in the Quick Links under the green icon with the clipboard, you will find our Summer 2018 - Academic Psychology tasks for the day and a Pacing Guide for our entire course. The Tasks for the day will help keep you on track and pace out your work so you won’t feel so overwhelmed as Module due dates approach. The Pacing Guide has the due dates for all of our Modules. You will notice that all work for a Module is due on one day. There however, will be a pacing guide posted daily in the announcements of what you should be working on, of upcoming assignments and tests.
- Our late work policy can be found under the Syllabus. If an assignment is turned in late there will be a -10 point/10% penalty for the first week it is late, -20 point/20% penalty for the 2nd week it is late, and anything turned in after the 2nd week will receive a penalty of -50 point/50%.
- Make sure you stay on top of your assignments and work. You do not want to wait until the 11th hour to start working on your assignment. You want to make sure you work hard and stay up to date so you do not fall behind or are penalized for any late work.
I was born and raised in upstate New York. I attended Herkimer County Community College and Utica College of Syracuse University. I currently live in Virginia due to my husbands job as a United States Marine. Prior to moving to Virginia, I lived in Panama City Florida where I started my career with NCVPS over 2 years ago, and before that I lived and taught in Onslow County North Carolina at a local high school for 5 years. While there I taught Psychology, Psychology Honors, AP Psychology, Sociology, World History, and Civics and Economics. I look forward to working with you and getting to know all of you. If you ever have any issues comments or concerns please feel free to contact me during my office hours. If you need to speak with me another time please feel free to contact me to set up an appointment.
Marine Corps Ball
My husband and I on the USS Intrepid in NYC
My Sweet Babies
Left - Salvatore Center Front - Vincenzo Center Back - Dominic Right - Giavanna
OCS Motivation Run 2017