News from Fourth Grade
January 18 - January 22
This week we will be continuing in our fiction unit. We will be exploring the purpose of ancient stories, the types of characters most often found in fiction, and how characters can change over the course of a story.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week students will have the opportunity to retake their unit test after we spend some time reviewing some of the material that they missed on the test. When students have finished making corrections on their tests, they will be working on various extension activities.
Reminder: Young Authors stories are due on Thursday, February 11th! This is a requirement and all work on this story needs to be done at home.
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, etc.)
- NO SCHOOL: Monday, January 18th (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Parent conference preference forms are coming home today (1/15) in Friday Folders. Please indicate what day and time slot you would prefer and return the form by Friday, January 22.
- The after school program will be starting up again on Tuesday, January 19th and run every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until Thursday, March 17th. If your student is interested in staying after school for study hall, they must bring a pink after school permission form each time they stay.
- Book orders due Friday, January 29th!
- Gifted nominations are open and will close on Friday, January 29th! If you would like to nominate your student for the gifted program, please visit the Woodridge 68 website for more information!
- Young Authors story due Thursday, February 11th! (This is a change in date from the information sent home last week)
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library Book Party
Friday, Jan. 29th, 7-8:30pm
Woodridge Public Library
Registraction required at http://woodridgelibrary.evanced.info/?et=childrens+programs