Western Middle SFA Library
Term 1, 2015
Visit our website!
The WMSFA Library website will be changing this year to a form preferred by Library Media Services. I will be receiving training in the use of a platform called "LibGuides" next week, and I'll try to have the new website up quickly! The old website is still available but has not been updated.
What's been keeping us busy?
- We received $1500 worth of new books that needed to be processed, as well as gifts of another 15 or 20 books.
- Set up book displays for new books, and new paperback books.
- Conducted orientations for all language arts classes, and scheduled regular library times.
- Set up display for Kentucky Bluegrass Award nominees.
- Finished labeling already-weeded shelves.
- Had READ posters made.
- Acquired new class sets of books from other schools and our own book room (still working on getting them into Library World
Plans for Term 2
- Plan and implement Halloween Book Exchange.
- Start "Bingo for Book Fair Bucks!"
- Continue weeding the biographies and 900s.
- Continue labeling weeded shelves.
- Send out lists of new books to teachers.
- Book fair in November.