Marble Jar Celebration!
Collecting data about marshmallow preference in hot chocolate!
- ask and answer key details about a story
- describe the beginning, middle, and end of a story
- read and appropriately write words with digraphs, bonus letters, and glued sounds (ask your kiddos)
- identify story structure (character, setting, problem, solution)
- use phonics skills to decode text
We are now investigating informational text; such as, text features and how they help the reader understand information.
We will continue to work on Narrative Small Moments every Monday.
Our next unit is Informational Writing! First graders really enjoy this unit and are able to tell us about topics they know about. You can help the process by having an informal discussion about what topics your child knows about. In the beginning, first graders feel they do not know much, but as the unit goes on they are excited and surprised at how much they know!
Previously we worked on:
- even and odd patterns
- exploring the 120's number grid
- counting on the number line
- adding and subtracting on the number line
- telling time to the half hour
- frames and arrows
- counting pennies, nickels, and dimes
Preview to what's coming up:
- reading and creating graphs
- non-standard measurement
- exploring base ten blocks