All Things Fisher Family
Student & Parent Newsletter September 25-29, 2023
Progress Reports from Your Firebird!
This week marks Week 7 the 1st Quarter of student progress reporting. You should be getting an email from your student and one of her/his teachers should be copied on the email. The teacher is included so if you have questions you have an immediate point of contact and the teacher can see that what has been sent home is accurate. That email will give you a progress report update of how things are going. Our students will send these emails approximately every 3rd, 5th, and 7th week with report cards then coming out after the 9th week. There should never be surprises when it comes to your child's progress so we are asking the kids to join in the process. If you do not hear from your student over the next week, please let me know so I can see why.
2023-24 PJFMS Volleyball Schedule
Congratulations to the the volleyball team, Coach Weldon and Coach Wilson on winning the region championship for the first time in school history! 8th Grade Night is Monday vs Mauldin. The game starts at 5:30. The first round of playoffs will be at Fisher next Wednesday!
Date2023 Matches Time
9/25 vs. Mauldin 5:30 PM Make a Donation for Pets for Entry
9/27 Playoffs (Opponent/Time TBD)
10/2 Playoffs (if necessary)
10/4 Championship (if necessary)
Car Line Reminders
* Pull all the way around the car line to the supervisor in the road. Do not stop in the middle just because you see your child. They will make their way to you when the cars stop.
* We load as a group and leave as a group. We call Load and No More Loading. Your student should never advance to your vehicle while cars are moving.
* We dismiss at 3:15PM. We are seeing an increase in the number of students still at Fisher an hour or later from the time school gets out. Please make arrangements to get your student picked up BEFORE 4:00. Please know that students' ability to attend extracurricular events may be affected by repeated late pick-up's.
Birdwatchers Program at PJFMS
All Pro Dads Meeting Thursday 9/28 @ 7:30AM
Click the link to help with cafe duty on Friday the 29th
Jr. Beta Club Pop Tabs Collection
Last week! Beta Club is collecting can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House this September! Grade Levels will be competing against one another to fill jugs up with can tabs in the lunchroom. The grade with the most tabs will get a prize. Any students can participate and bring tabs from home and Beta Club Members will receive credit towards a service hour if they bring in tabs and show Ms. Stover or Mrs. Kendrick.
Picture Day October 9th
SIC Meeting 4:00-5:00 in Media Center
Jr. Beta Club Pop Tabs Collection
FISHER MIDDLE SCHOOL CALENDAR
Here is the link to the calendar:
Parent Back Pack
Parents are strongly encouraged to create a Backpack account for their children. Greenville County Schools uses Backpack to provide parents with the most recent news and information about our schools. The Backpack for Parents account also provides parents, guardians, or contacts with a central place to sign in to:
- View their student's information including demographics, attendance, classes, grades, lunch balances, and test scores
- Apply or register their student to Special Focus schools and programs (Fine Arts Center, Career Centers, etc.)
- Receive alerts and notifications regarding their students
- View their student's school and contact information
- Manage parent and contact information for their students
Click the link for instructions.
Dress Code Visual Guide
Click HERE to access 2023-24 Redo/Retake Procedures
Late Work Procedures
Click HERE to access 2023-24 Late Work Procedures
2023-24 PJFMS Dress Code
Click HERE to access 2023-24 Dress Code