The Blake Buzz
Week of May 2-6, 2016
HAPPY STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK!
Dear Blake Staff:
Your administrative team has the utmost respect for all that our teachers and staff do every day. Our school is full of dedicated, creative, and thoughtful people who rise to the often difficult expectations of the important work we do--to educate children. You work countless hours, arriving well before students come in at 8:30 a.m., and staying long after the end of the school day; planning engaging lessons to make learning exciting for our students. You take evening classes and professional development to further your professional learning and be the best you can be for our students. You spend your own money to buy things our kids need, as well as fun incentives to motivate them. Our office staff members greet visitors with smiles, answer calls and parent questions, help children who are sick, schedule, order, record attendance, and help you with things you need. Our custodial staff ensure that Blake students come to school in a clean, well-kept, beautiful, safe building every day. Our cafeteria staff make sure that our kids are not hungry, serving healthy breakfasts and lunches that are delicious. Blake students are helped by support staff who encourage, tutor small groups, reward and motivate kids, and help them have self-control in the lunchroom and classrooms each day. Our counselors help students make good choices, deal with strong emotions, and provide support and encouragement to kids and families in crisis. We all believe that children come first, and we keep this at the heart of decision-making, even when it is not pleasant or popular. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you do! You do many things for Blake kids, all on your own time, because you care.
Monday, May 2
- Staff Breakfast in the lounge provided by PTA. All staff will receive a flower to plant.
- Wear Red Day
- Shoparoo Winners Slime Time at 2:30! Susan, Jill B., and Mr. Gritton, one of our Watchdogs, will be slimed.
Tuesday, May 3
- Treats in your mailboxes from Susan and Leslie! Special prize drawings sponsored by PTA.
- Faculty Meeting- Agenda: Mrs. Johnson will provide update K-PREP training
Wednesday, May 4
- PTA Staff Luncheon- Pizza and salad. YUM!
Thursday, May 5
- Snacks provided by Susan and Leslie.
- Crazy Hair or Derby Dress Up Day! Students and staff may donate .01-$100 to go toward our playground mulch.
- 2:30-3:30 K-PREP Pep Rally: Grades 1-5 will cheer on our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
- Bulletin boards decorated with motivational messages for K-PREP by this date. All instructional materials removed from hallway display, and classroom display in rooms where students will be tested.
Friday, May 6
- Flexible PD Day. Happy KY Oaks Day!
Monday, May 9
- K-PREP testing begins! May 9-13 is testing week. May 16-29 is makeup week. Thank you for all that you are doing to prepare our students for the challenging state test. You have done all that you can to get them ready, and it will pay off. Don't forget to provide notes of encouragement and/or treats for the class you adopted each day. Thank you!