Spring Creek Literacy News
Literacy Tweets on the Fly!
- Tuesday March 8th 8:30-12:30 Math
- Wednesday March 9th 8:30-12:30 Reading
2. Our Literacy Tweets Meetings will meet approximately six times throughout the year. This means that we will not meet in December, March, or May. Starting in January, our meetings will move to the fourth Friday of the month. The dates will be updated on our calendars.
3. STAAR test prep passages may be given no more than once per six weeks.
4. Please remember to fill out your Six Weeks Reading Level Report at the end of each six weeks. Be sure to include the LLI Lesson# you are on with each student who is receiving it.
5. MOY TPRI (K-2) Window opens January 5-15 2016.
6. We will be unable to purchase extra batteries for the RR calculators in the benchmark kits once they run out. An alternative to using the RR calculator is to download the free RR app called Von Bruno. Let us know if we can help you download this to your ipad.
January Meet & Tweet!
January Literacy Tweets PD Meeting
Friday, Jan. 15th, 8am
Spring Creek Elementary Room 608
- Notebook Writing-Goals & Resolutions!
- PD Session: Running Records
- Coming Soon...Small Group Intervention Videos!
Literacy Link of the Month
Teaching Tip of the Month
Kristin Dungan's fourth grade readers wrote letters to fellow readers including a recommendation, summary, and rating of the books they had just read.
To increase comprehension and metacognition while reading, students took turns wearing the thought bubble to express their thinking about the text as another student read to them.
Mrs. Mann's fourth grade writers and scientists designed their own work expectation chart to help focus their writing time as they prepared for publication.
Each of these instructional and management techniques could be a great innovation of some of the amazing strategies already established in the classrooms of Spring Creek!