World's Foremost Outfitter
Background Information of Cabela's
- Cabela's was founded in 1961 by Richard N. Cabela. In 1963 his brother Jim Cabela joined the company.
- The current CEO of Cabela's is Thomas Millner
- Cabela's owns other 16 other companies such as Cabela's Catalog, Worlds Foremost Bank, Van Dyke Supply Company, Cabela's Wholesale, Cabela's Retail, and Cabela's Hong Kong
- Cabela's competes in Sporting Good Stores.
- Cabela's competitors are Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain, and Sportsmen's Warehouse
Factors of Production
- Cabela's sells different types of outdoor supplies and hunting gear such as guns, tree stands, scent eliminators, dog training supplies, decoys, and much more.
- All of the Cabela's stores that are currently open employ a total of 19,000 people, part time and full time.
- This year Cabela's net worth was $1.2 billion.
- Cabela's exchanges on New York Stock Exchange and its symbol is CAB
- The 52 week high is 72.53 where the low is 46.24
- Cabela's does not pay dividends on its common stock.
- Today Cabela's is trading stock for $57.61. There is a $11.37 difference from the low and a $14.92 difference between the high.
- There are currently 10,164 stocks for trade.
CABELA'S PREMIER TURKEY CALLING CONTEST: Cabela's is hosting a turkey calling contest that will encourage people to post and tweet about Cabela's. The prize is new turkey hunting gear.
I think that this will affect stocks in a postive way. People will hear the Cabela's name and will want to visit the store more. Personally I would invest more into a business that is prosperous. These are just some way that Cabela's has gotten their name out to the public.
Summary, Analysis, Reflection
- Personally I would still purchase this stock. I believe if people have the money to invest in stocks, go for it. It is worth the shot of a payoff. I would also invest because it is one of my favorite companies. I always want my favorite businesses to succeed and if that means to invest in the company, I would go for it!
- I bought stock of Cabela's for $55.08 and I only bought a few shares, but my profit has been $363. I do not plan on selling this stock anytime soon!
- I have learned a lot about investing! I knew nothing about shares or money when it came to investing but I have learned about keeping my stock even though it is a low period, it will most likely pay off. I have learning about entering the market and how my profit works. I hope that I can become better at it that I can gain even more money. I think If I had more time to research my stocks before the game started I would have been able to have even more money in my account!