Back to School VIRTUALLY!
Get started with the right resources and tutorials.
Where Do I Start???
myBackpack is a "one-stop-shopping" portal for all your frequently-used school files and apps!
All students and staff can access their favorite websites and school applications from any device anywhere.
Once logged in, myBackpack acts as a single sign-on so you do not have to remember all the different web addresses and passwords for your favorite school resources.
- Through an internet connection navigate to http://mybackpack.apsk12.org.
- Enter the APS student username (username) and lunch id (password)
- The myBackpack screen will load with your username and password
Access to Zoom
- https://zoom.us - To sign up and download
- Students can access Zoom via myBackpack
Students can access Otus via myBackpack or https://my.otus.com
To learn more about Otus, visit our Distance Learning page on the THES website.
Access Lessons Nearpod:
Students will need a code from their teachers to access lessons on Nearpod.
Students can access Otus via myBackpack
What About the Media Center??
WE ARE ALSO COMPETING AGAINST SLATER ELEMENTARY!
Parents, teachers and students can help us win! Let's read every day to ensure we log more minutes than Slater Elementary.
HOW DO WE PARTICIPATE?
Step 1: Read for at least 20 minutes (book, ebooks, magazines, newspapers, etc.)
Step 2: Log on to Beanstack (or Download the app for enhanced features) and record your daily reading.
Simple, right? There are no requirements for reading material or length of time reading. We simply want you and your family to read for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Download the Beanstack Tracker App
- Top 10 Readers: Students with the most points in the entire school (cumulative).
- Top 3 Weekly Readers Per Grade Level: Students with the most points per grade level between Monday - Thursday of each week. Every Monday, all points starts at zero. Students must have all quizzes completed before 12:00pm on Thursday.
- Top Classroom per Grade Level: Classes with the most weekly points on each grade level.
- Top 3 Classes in the Entire School: Classes with the most cumulative points.
Students who make the Top 10 or Top 3, will receive an incentive from the AR cart.
1. Pick a book from your home library or digital library (myBackpack ebooks or myON).
2. Read it (twice if necessary).
3. Log on to myBackpack and find the "Renaissance" App (Green R), which is AR.
4. After clicking to enter the Renaissance App, locate the book read (verify author).
5. Take the quiz.
Students in any grade level can join the book club. Depending on the number of students participating, students will be matched with others who share the same interest and reading levels.
The THES Virtual Book Club will meet once a week (schedule will be sent out prior to the start date) to do the following:
- Vote on ebooks to read
- Have a book talk about books we've read
- Virtual Author visits and other special guest
- Participate in book reviews
- Celebrate students who complete books
Students will also recieve weekly snack bags for the days we meet, as well as incentives and awards/recognition throughout the year. The idea is for students to read daily, engage in weekly book chats and to overall read for fun!
Sign up here:
- Book title and author
- Favorite part of the book and why
- Should others read this book and why
Remember to use complete sentences, speak clearly and ensure that you have good light.
Share your video with Ms. Z via Google Drive: firstname.lastname@example.org
All book reviews will be uploaded on the THES YouTube page for other to view!
Need an example?: *NO EDITING NEEDED