St. Joseph Elementary School
Address: 249 Church Street, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1N1
School Phone Number: 905-826-4422
St. Joseph General Mailbox: St.JosephESMississaugaInfo@dpcdsb.org
Principal: A. Cavaliere
Administrative Assistant: I. Carabetta
Catholic School Council Chair: T. Prsa
Superintendent of Schools- Mississauga North: M. Lewis
Trustee Ward 6 & 11: L. del Rosario
Associate Pastor: Rev. P. Dobson, St. Joseph Parish
St. Joseph Parish Email: stjosephMI@archtoronto.org
St. Joseph School Hours for the 2021-2022 school year are:
Morning entry: 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
AM Recess: 10:09 a.m. - 10:24 a.m.
Lunch: 11:48 a.m. - 12:48 p.m.
PM Recess: 2:12 p.m. - 2:27 p.m.
Staggered Dismissal: 3:05 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
An Advent Prayer for Families
Heavenly Father, your Son, Jesus, is a gift to us, a great sign of your love. Guide us as we strive to walk in that love together as a family this Advent. As we prepare our hearts for Christmas, bring us closer to each other and to your Son. Give us the grace and strength we need every day. Help us to always trust in You. Come. Lord Jesus, lead us people closer to You. Come and dispel the darkness of our world with the light of Your love.
December's Virtue of the Month is: Hope
This month, we celebrate the Virtue of Hope.
A person of hope:
- Keeps a positive attitude
- Can bounce back from a tough situation
- See the good in others even when they make a mistake
- Work to include others
- Let others know that they are good people.
Our daily prayer for December...
Let us now pray... for the grace and strength to be people of hope. People who can see, participate in and contribute to God's goodness emerging around us.
This year, St. Joseph School will work in partnership with our Social Work Department and St. Vincent de Paul Society to collect gift cards in an effort to help families in the greater community during these unprecedented times. This provides financial support to families to continue their own Christmas traditions and to ensure that each family receives a fair and equitable amount. There is nothing better than the joy of parents/guardians to see their children
St. Joseph Parish Information
Pastor: Fr. Paul Dobson
Associate Pastor: Fr. Michael Corpus
Deacons: George Jurenas & Lionel Gomes
Parish Staff: Ann Cavallin, Michele Mullins
Office Phone Number: 905-826-2766
Parish Email: stjosephMI@archtoronto.org
Parish Website: http://stjosephmi.archtoronto.org
Sacrament of Confirmation: Students in Grade 7 and 8 who have not completed their sacramental preparation for Confirmation will be able to register starting in December 2021. Please check the parish website for details.
Sacrament of First Holy Communion: Students in Grade 2, 3 and above who have not completed their sacramental preparation for Reconciliation and First Holy Communion will be able to register in December 2021. Please check the parish website for details.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's Sacraments, please contact St. Joseph Parish via email at email@example.com. Due to limited office hours, it's best to email your questions for a quicker response.
Daily Active Screening and Verification
Daily Active Screening and Verification
Parents/Guardians will have to sign a confirmation of daily screening form each morning for the first 10 days of school after the Christmas break. More information will be communicated through our Community Information Bulletin.
Revised Bus Cancellation Notices: We're Zone #1: Mississauga, DPCDSB
Please be advised that our Transportation Department has established a new "weather zone" procedure to monitor and communicate school bus cancellations on inclement weather days. School bus cancellations will be sent through the STOPR website, Twitter by 6 a.m. each morning. St. Joseph -Mississauga is in Zone 1. Please read the attachment below for additional information.
For more information, please visit www.stopr.ca and click on the inclement weather tab.
Winter Safety Tips
Our cold weather is already upon us! Now it's important that everyone using our school bus system is familiar with STOPR's winter weather procedures.
STOPR will monitor weather and road conditions during the winter months and make a decision to cancel transportation by 6:00 a.m. each morning.
School Bus Safety Tips for Children During the Winter Months
- Whenever possible, wait with your child(ren) at the bus stop or arrange someone to wait with them;
- Allow extra time to get to the bus stop location;
- Plan to arrive 5 or 10 minutes early to your bus stop;
- Make sure your children are dressed appropriately for the cold weather as unexpected mechanical problems with school buses can occur;
- Wear bright coloured clothing or wear a coat with reflective safety strips for added visibility.
- Students and parents should maintain physical distancing between family groups and wear a mask while waiting for the bus;
- Always sit in your assigned seat;
What Happens if the Bus cancelled on inclement mornings?
- Please check the weather and listen for announcements each morning. Announcements are announced on the radio, on our school twitter and webpage "Yellow Banner"
- Does your child(ren) have a plan? Emergency contact person or neighbour to go to if their bus does not arrive;
- Does your child have a "bus buddy" or someone they can walk with and wait with for the bus?
- Please remember that if your bus is cancelled in the morning, students will also be absent in the afternoon.
- On bus cancellation days, all students will be learning online that day, due to public health directives and to avoid mixing cohorts
- Your child's teacher will provide online learning. Devices will not be deployed from the school on inclement weather days.
Kiss N' Ride
- Please drive to the end of the Kiss N' Ride to drop off your child. Students will then walk to the sidewalk and into the schoolyard.
- Drop off begins at 8:30 a.m. (Supervision begins)
- Parents should NOT be using the closest lane to the sidewalk. This is our bus lane and fire route. In the interest of student and pedestrian safety, it is essential that parents/guardians avoid driving or parking in the bus lane.
- If you need to park, please park at the front of the school or the green P across the street. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the Kiss N' Ride, Bus Lanes.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in ensuring the safety of our students and staff!
French Immersion Information for Senior Kindergarten Parents for September 2022
2022-2023 Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 School Year
Online Registration for 2022-2023 Kindergarten will open on January 10, 2022.
We encourage as many parents/guardians as possible to register online during the week of January 10-14, 2022.
School Cash Online
We ask that all families take time to register for School Cash Online. This is the primary method of payment in all DPCDSB schools for school related events. As such, we will only be accepting payments through SchoolCashOnline. Please register in order to avoid missing deadlines and to ensure participation in school events and activities. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
To directly login or register, visit School Cash Online
What payment methods will be available? Parents/guardians will be able to pay online using Visa, Mastercard, and eCheque.
Catholic School Council
Welcome to our 2021-2022 Catholic School Council Members:
- Chairperson: Tania P.
- Treasurer: Mackenzie N.
- Parish Representative: Mary Claire M.
- OAPCD Representative: Isabella F.
- Fundraising Representatives: Catharine O. & Chibuike U.
- Secretary: Katherine L.
- Voting Member: Allison R.
- Teaching Representative: Cindy B.
- Non-Teaching Representatives: Regina Z. & Leslie G.
This year, our Catholic School Council will be coordinating a "contactless" chocolate fundraiser. Please review the information below for more details.
Future Dates for our Catholic School Council meetings (all meetings will be held virtually via Zoom):
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
The approved minutes for our Catholic School Council Meetings are posted on our school website within two weeks of approval.
All Catholic School Council meetings are open to all parents/guardians at any meetings this year. It is a great opportunity to attend these meetings in order to hear about some initiatives we are pursuing at St. Joseph and/or share your ideas.
World's Finest Chocolates St. Joseph Catholic School Council Fundraiser
Our online store is still open! All you have to do is CLICK on the links to visit the online store. Parents/guardians, you can send the fundraiser link to your friends and family and ask them to participate in our fundraiser also!
This fundraising campaign will help to subsidize the 2021/2022 student agendas, Sacramental gifts for First Holy Communion and Confirmation, Grade 8 graduation gifts, FDK celebration of learning, Christmas at St. Joseph, guest speakers, and hopefully many other programs and activities for our students.
GET STARTED: CLICK on the link below to access the Chocolate Fundraising Webstore.
Our Top Prize Draws will take place in January 2022 at the conclusion of our fundraiser! Thank you for your generous support!
The St. Joseph Catholic School Council
Before and After School Programs- Register Online Today
PLASP programs are licensed by the Ministry of Education and are adhering to strict public health guidelines. Highly trained staff facilitate fun, age-appropriate activities both indoors and outdoors.
Before School programs operate from 7:30 a.m. until school starts and include a breakfast daily. After School programs begin at school dismissal, include a substantial daily snack, and run until 6:00 p.m.
PLASP Child Care Services is a charitable organization, operating on a not-for-profit basis, providing award winning programs for children, for more than 40 years.
Visit plasp.com to register, or contact the PLASP Support Services Centre at 647-484-4372
Resources for Families of Children with Differing Abilities
Mark Your Calendars
- December 8: Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- December 13: Catholic School Fundraiser Draw
- December 13-17: Eco- Christmas Spirit Week!
- December 14: Christmas Painting Day- Thank you to our Catholic School Council your support!
- December 17: Last day of school!
- December 20-January 1: Christmas Break
- December 25: Christmas
- January 3: Welcome back! Happy New Year!
- January 11: Virtual School Bus Safety Presentations K-8
- January 14: Virtual X-Movement Presentations at JOEST
- January 18: Virtual X-Movement Presentations at JOEST
- January 19: Fall Photo/Grad Photo Re-Takes
- January 24: PA Day/No School for Students
- January 26: Virtual X-Movement Presentations for JOEST