Week of February 15th, 2016
Week of February 15th
- No School-Presidents' Day
Tuesday, February 16th
- Teacher of the Year Nominees Announced and Voting Begins
- Dr. Cobb Visits Kellison 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Staff Meeting in the Library 3:30 p.m.-CANCELLED
- Friends of Fenton Meeting 3:30
- Summer Construction Meeting in the Cafeteria - 2:00 p.m.
- Pie in the Face Tickets for Relay for Life go on sale
Wednesday, February 17th
- First Grade Musical 6:30 p.m. (preview at 1:30)
Thursday, February 18th
- Randy Nadler - Gym --> 12:45 K,1,2; 2:00 3,4,5;
- Second Grade Musical 6:30 p.m. (preview at 10:00)
Friday, February 19th
- Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-Ups Open
- Teacher of the Year Ballots Due
A Look Forward - Week of February 22nd
- Dickens at Elem Principals' Mtg 8:30-12
Tuesday, February 23rd
- Kellison Night at Culver's
- Fifth Graders visit the STEM Bus
Wednesday, February 24th
- Office Meeting 8:45 a.m.
- Teacher of the Year Reception 3:30 Library
Thursday, February 25th
- Science Day
- Dickens, Kulifay, Muntean at RTI Working Committee 8-11:00 a.m.
- Kellison Night at Papa John's
Friday, February 26th
Saturday, February 27th
- Kellison Family Skating at Rollercade 4:30-6:30
Kellison Walk Throughs
Tiger Shout Out to Mrs. Jackman, Mrs. Kulifay, Mrs. Blinkinsop, Mrs. Soyster, and Mrs. Stein for allowing the vertical walk through team to visit their classrooms. They welcomed over 10 visitors into their room to watch them teaching a math or science lesson. Thank you for representing Kellison so well!
Thank you to everyone for opening your classrooms to your colleagues for our school-level walk throughs. Fourth and Fifth grade teachers walked this week, and I think we all felt it was beneficial for us. We're excited to continue these learning walks this month. We will also plan to walk again in April.
Here is a schedule for our February walks:
2/17-1st grade at 1:00;
2/23-3rd grade at 10:30, 2nd grade at 2:00;
2/24-KDG at 12:00;
If additional time is needed, we will make alternative arrangements to continue our work.
Prior to this date, placement letters will be sent to our parents. They will have from 4/1-4/15 to return these to us. In addition, our special education team will meet on April 21st to consider placements for our students with special needs. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Warm-Up Wednesday - You are welcome to wear your jeans and Kellison spirit wear!
- Friday "Happy Hour" - Stop by the lounge to enjoy some McAlister's tea. It will be set up and ready for you by the first lunch.
Don't forget to send me a picture of your pet and we will see how well our staff can match the animal with their correct owner. Just e-mail them my way!
Relay for Life
Relay for Life is fast approaching! We are working on some fun fundraisers to help Kellison hit the $1,000 goal. Please consider signing up on the Kellison Tiger Team so we can pack the track on Saturday, April 23 at Summit High School!! Registration is free and fast.
Once signed up, you may create your own fundraising page and you may do as much personal fundraising on your own as you like - through friends & family, to help our team hit our $1K goal!
Join the Kellison Tiger Relay for Life team here:
Relay for Life Dress Down Tickets will be on sale next week. Please see Nurse Eli if you'd like to participate. You can also make a donation directly to the team's website and then stop by Eli's office for your stickers. We will be selling 10 dress casual days for $20, or 5 days for $10.
Let's Whip Cancer in the Face begins on Tuesday, 2/16. Students may purchase tickets for $1 each or 6 for $5 and place them into the buckets, which will be located in the front office. We will give each grade level teacher a string of tickets and students may purchase directly from you. You are welcome to send students whenever it is convenient to place their tickets in the buckets. Monica will come around to collect the money from you each day.