Chapter 29 project
Consumer Bill of Rights
1. The right to Safety: The protection against products that are hazardous to your life or health.
2. The right to Be informed: protection against fraudulent or grossly misleading practices and assurance of receiving facts necessary to make informed choices.
3. The right to choose: access to a variety of quality products and services at competitive prices.
4. The right to Be Heard: assurance of representation of consumer interest interests in formulating gov. policy and of fair and prompt treatment in enforcement of laws
5. The right to Redress: assurance that buyers have ways to register their dissatisfaction and receive compensation for valid arguments
6. The right to Consumer Education: assurance that consumers have the necessary assistance to plan and use their resources maximum potential
Patients Bill of Rights
1. Information Disclosure: patients have the right to receive easy, accurate information to make informed health care decisions
2. Choice of Providers: Patients have the right to choose their own doctors and other health care providers
3. Access to Emergency Services: Patients have the right to access health care services how and where the need arises
4. Treatment Decisions: Patients have the right to fully participate in all decisions related to their health care
5. Respect and Nondiscrimination: Consumers have the right to considerate. respectful care from all members of their health care.
6. Confidentiality: consumers have the right have the confidentiality of their own stuff
Consumer protection laws
- flammable fabrics act: The law prohibits the selling of wearing apparel made easily ignited
- Meat Inspection laws: This law requires poultry to be inspected for harmful containment
- cigarette labeling and advertising act: this law requires warning labels of health hazards from smoking.
- USDA: this stands for united states department of agriculture. This inspects food supply to unsure wholesomeness and truthful labeling
- FCC: this stands for federal communications commission. they regulate interstate and international communications by radio, wire, satellite, etc.
- CPSC: this stands for consumer product safety commission. This law protects consumers from unreasonable risk of injury or death.