Creswell School District - 5.20.22
In this update:
- Message from the Superintendent
- School Meals for 2022-23
- CHS Spring Sports Award Night - May 26th
- Kudos for the CMS Choir
- School Health Advisory for Continuity of Instruction
- Field trips provide expanded opportunities for learning and career exploration
- CHS Prom 2022
- CHS National Honor Society Inductees
- CMS Track and Field - World Wide Welcome Youth Relay
- Creslane Jogathon - Fun in the Rain
- KITS - Kids in Transition to School
- Shop with a Cop for School Supplies
- Food for Lane County - Free Cooking & Nutrition Classes
- Ophelia's Place - Summer 2022 Activities
Message from Superintendent Mike Johnson
Dear CSD Families,
In May and June, there are many reminders that the school year is coming to a close -- prom, field trips, jogathon, district and state tournaments, and field days. These experiences create fond and lasting memories for many students. Following the past two years, we have an even greater appreciation for how meaningful in-person learning and extracurricular experiences are.
As COVID case counts have increased and the CDC COVID-19 Community Level has risen from low to medium in other counties across Oregon, it is important that we continue to work together to protect the health and safety of our community. Please continue to monitor your student's health carefully, keeping them home and seeking testing if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Your partnership has been so important this year and your diligence has allowed our classrooms to welcome students all year long. Here's to a wonderful final few weeks and to the memories our students are making along the way.
School Meals for 2022-23
To continue to receive free or reduced price meals, families will be encouraged to complete the Free or Reduced Price Meal application form to determine eligibility for the 2022-2023 school year. Applications will be available this summer.
Thank you for your understanding as we readjust our program based on federal funding.
Spring Sports Awards Night - May 26th
Kudos for the CMS Choir
Creslane's Spring Choir Concert was a huge success! Thanks for a great year!
School Health Advisory for Continuity of Instruction
How can you help ensure our children have consistent access to in-person instruction?
- If your child is sick with COVID-like symptoms, do not send them to school.
- Seek a COVID-19 test. Free at-home tests can be ordered at COVIDTESTS.GOV.
- Vaccination remains the best protection against serious illness from COVID-19 and reduces spread of the disease. Visit Get Vaccinated Oregon for more information.
Field trips provide expanded opportunities for learning and career exploration
A recent apprenticeship fair field trip provided CHS students with information about LCC's diesel tech, welding, and construction programs.
Ms. Wanner's Spanish 3 class visited the Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Mexican Modernism exhibit at the Portland Art Museum.
In addition to information about career pathways and college programs, the LCC apprenticeship fair offered students hands-on learning opportunities.
Creswell High School Prom 2022
Congratulations to CHS' new National Honor Society Inductees!
CMS Track and Field team - World Wide Welcome Youth Relay
Creslane Jogathon - Fun in the Rain!
KITS - Kids In Transition to School
Registration is now open for a FREE kindergarten summer program at Creslane. KITS offers opportunities for students to get comfortable with their school, gain school readiness skills, and meet new friends.
To register your child, click here.
*** Please note that the KITS session dates have been updated. Morning and afternoon sessions will be available July 11 - August 25 ***
Shop with a Cop for School Supplies
Sisters in Law, a local law enforcement officers' wives group, is partnering with the Springfield Target and all local police agencies for Shop with a Cop for School Supplies. This is a unique opportunity for children from disadvantaged circumstances to go school supply shopping for the upcoming school year with a local law enforcement officer.
Applications are due by June 1st.
Eligibility criteria for Shop with a Cop:
- Child must be going into K-5th grade in the upcoming school year
- Family must reside in Lane County, OR.
- One child per family
- First time participants only
- Child must be able to separate from family while shopping
- Parents/Guardian must remain on site to pick up child after the event
Food for Lane County - Free Cooking & Nutrition Classes
Upcoming May Classes