INVERSE News Paper
By: De'Jha Alcorn
Mrs. Velma November 9 , 2007
Today In Mrs. Velma math class learned how to find inverse
Given the function we want to find the inverse function, .
- First, replace with y. This is done to make the rest of the process easier.
- Replace every x with a y and replace every y with an x.
- Solve the equation from Step 2 for y. This is the step where mistakes are most often made so be careful with this step.
- Replace y with . In other words, we’ve managed to find the inverse at this point!
- Verify your work by checking that and are both true.
MR. & Mrs. Smith Had A Tutoring Session At The Staples Center November 9, 2007
Today They Showed the students an very interesting problem The problem was and they setup a solution station up for them just In case they gotten confused or stuck.
Now, we already know what the inverse to this function is as we’ve already done some work with it. However, it would be nice to actually start with this since we know what we should get. This will work as a nice verification of the process.
So, let’s get started. We’ll first replace with y.
Next, replace all x’s with y and all y’s with x.
Now, solve for y.
Finally replace y with .
Now, we need to verify the results. We already took care of this in the previous section, however, we really should follow the process so we’ll do that here. It doesn’t matter which of the two that we check we just need to check one of them. This time we’ll check that is true.